+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: March 2013 Standard Rotation

Senior Member ybl is on a distinguished road ybl's Avatar
    how many map-pools are there? when will black cathedral be up again?
    CA with <16 slots is nothing.

Junior Member JTOOMBSY is on a distinguished road
    get 50chickens to make us some exciting new ca, ctf and duel maps!!!! the mans a genius!

Junior Member FukYoMomma is on a distinguished road
    Comon guys... Overkill, Thunderstruck and Theatre of Pain would get this game going again. Try it out and if it doesn't work, I'll buy lunch.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by FukYoMomma View Post
    Comon guys... Overkill, Thunderstruck and Theatre of Pain would get this game going again. Try it out and if it doesn't work, I'll buy lunch.
    Problem is all content used to be free in the past, but it wasn't enough to pay the bills let alone make profit. The second step was to implement a subscription based business model, that didn't work much because some of the most popular maps were around so 24/7 ca-only people didn't bother, which sadly is a big portion of players. The reason maps are locked to standard users (that don't have pro account users on their friend list), with a rotation and no callvote, is an incentive for them to pay and in the end finance the game.

We all know the game is much more fun on those weekends with all content unlocked for everyone, but it is not profitable. Part of that experience is available to premium users and mostly all of it to pro users, both considering it's obviously easier to play the mod and map you want if standard users can join public or private servers without needing to pay or befriend someone.
    Last edited by megaman3; 03-23-2013 at 12:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Junior Member s1ash is on a distinguished road
    when mps like ztn, dm6 lost world etc are available again ill come back to quake

Senior Member Dr_Mr_Ed will become famous soon enough Dr_Mr_Ed's Avatar
    I personally am happy we don't have to suffer through the same 3-4 maps, day after day, month after month. Yes, not all maps are classics, and some have their quirks, but it's still Quake. I like the variety.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ash View Post
    when mps like ztn, dm6 lost world etc are available again ill come back to quake
    Guess what. They're readily available to you in a Premium server!
    Welcome back!

*agrees with Dr_Mr_Ed as well*

Junior Member s1ash is on a distinguished road
    Already paid for a PRO account for a Year. When it expired they made this great choise of making you play random maps for an entire month. well, i love this game but i wont pay again to play OLD free quake 3 maps on a almost dead game :s

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ash View Post
    Already paid for a PRO account for a Year. When it expired they made this great choise of making you play random maps for an entire month. well, i love this game but i wont pay again to play OLD free quake 3 maps on a almost dead game :s
    Well, that's your choice. Just keep in mind that paying is what keeps this game alive and that "free" in Q3 only meant that a few people paid a lot instead.

Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    Well, last day with a few decent ctf maps in a standard server, I wonder how much damage will be dealt in the next rotation.

+ Reply to Thread