+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 79

Thread: March 2013 Standard Rotation

  1. #41
    Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Nobody ever tends to play it though when it's actually in the rotation (At least from what I see).
    As are other maps in every rotation. Why does a space one make it so different?

  2. #42
    Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    East Lansing, MI
    Posts
    6,206
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB_ View Post
    As are other maps in every rotation. Why does a space one make it so different?
    Compared to other maps, that is. People vote for it and then a server will completely empty. I saw that happen several times when it was actually in the rotation.

  3. #43
    Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Compared to other maps, that is. People vote for it and then a server will completely empty. I saw that happen several times when it was actually in the rotation.
    Lol, you can play ANY map in a pub and have it played, of course some people are going to leave sometimes, not everyone loves the map as much as others. We've had 2 mine spamming maps in one rotation for christ sake.

  4. #44
    Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB_ View Post
    Why does a space one make it so different?
    Space itself isn't that much of a problem. Sure it's annoying when you fall, often because of a lucky rocket pushback, but it's not the end of the world. The problem is mainly how the maps are made usually made : with platforms on a open world. It's not a nice terrain where you can strafe jump to the other base, take routes where you can avoid the enemy, etc. Item control is also far less important. Simply put : most space maps are boring.

  5. #45
    Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Space itself isn't that much of a problem. Sure it's annoying when you fall, often because of a lucky rocket pushback, but it's not the end of the world. The problem is mainly how the maps are made usually made : with platforms on a open world. It's not a nice terrain where you can strafe jump to the other base, take routes where you can avoid the enemy, etc. Item control is also far less important. Simply put : most space maps are boring.
    Some people that I see in pubs don't even know how to strafe. We were able to deal with it for what, 2 years? Before they added the rotation.

    Yeah I know some people aren't going to like the map, the only reason I keep pushing vortex is because it's been my favorite since I first played ctf, it almost feels like they are purposely trying to avoid it sometimes.

    On the other hand, I'm very happy that they keep bringing maps like Japanese Castles into the rotation, very good map, most like it, at least they do that.

  6. #46
    Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,223
    I think the only reason you don't see space maps as often is simply because there are less of them. As far as I know, there's no discriminating against one type of map or another; they all get their turn once in the year.

  7. #47
    Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    DFW, TX
    Posts
    600
    I disagree. I think they do take space into account in CTF map selection.
    I believe there will always be a space map in CTF rotation.
    I also believe you won't see Skyward and SpaceCTF in the same rotation.
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

  8. #48
    Member shut_up is an unknown quantity at this point shut_up's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    H
    Posts
    71
    i want longest yard finally..

  9. #49
    Junior Member Paabesk is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3
    Why can't we play in the argentina server ?!
    I'm a brazilian player, and i can't play if the argentina server are down... thank you so much...

  10. #50
    Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,637
    Three maps worth playing: Hero's Keep, Hidden Fortress and maybe Japanese Castles.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts