+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help for a T3-T4-T3-T4-T3-T4-T3 CA player?

*NeonEon

Help for a T3-T4-T3-T4-T3-T4-T3 CA player?

Hello,

i recently started doing CA and find myself in this weird spot between T3 and T4, where every map i win does promote me to T4, which usually leads to the next one being a loss (and me upsetting my team for being so bad) and a demotion to T3.

I do want to get better and stay T4, so i tried the obvious of sticking with the team and not camping, trying to improve my aim, reading the situation correctly and generally focusing more on the game than i would on a normal T3 map - but to no avail. It feels like such a huge gap between the tiers and i don't know how to cross it.

Maybe someone can give me some hints that are less obvious?

*MrSnuggles
    Are you using QLPrism?

The thing that helped me the most overall is to just not join games with overwhelmingly good players. Because no matter how hard you try, these guys are going to stomp you. You'll only find progress in playing people at your level or slightly above your level. So look for low elo games. People don't like to use elo to judge skill, but it will still give you an idea of how good players are. No matter what you can't say a guy with 2000+ elo is worse than a guy with <1000 elo already with over a hundred games played.
    Last edited by MrSnuggles; 03-03-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuggles View Post
    Are you using QLPrism?
    What does this have to do with anything? You can see your tiers in any browser.

*NeonEon
    In fact i use it, but i didnt pay too much attention to the elo yet. will do for sure now. thanks for the suggestion.

Today i managed to stay in T4 for several games with a few wins and losses, due to me not being the last on the scorelists, but somewhere in the middle. Well, it ended with my team vote-kicking me middle of the match and a dive to T3 again. I guess thats a good start for tomorrow. Back home again.

*kholdfever
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Do you nothing better to do with your days than act as a faux moderator/paid id software staff member and crap on anyone who dares to use a free community project every chance you get? Contribute something positive for a change.

*NeonEon
    I am sure he was just warming up to drop some awesome helpfull post.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonEon View Post
    Maybe someone can give me some hints that are less obvious?
    If you're looking for hints to improve your game I recommend posting a demo of you playing so we can see what's up :-)

Quote Originally Posted by kholdfever View Post
    Do you nothing better to do with your days than act as a faux moderator/paid id software staff member and crap on anyone who dares to use a free community project every chance you get? Contribute something positive for a change.
    What relevance does me asking why he's asking about QLPrism mean anything about being negative? The only negative (up to this point) is yours. QLPrism has absolutely nothing to do with being a Tier 3/Tier 4 jumper, but feel free to continuing flaming me for no reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonEon View Post
    I am sure he was just warming up to drop some awesome helpfull post.
    Since you felt like giving me a sarcastic answer to a serious question I'll give a rude one in reply: Get better and shut up.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    It's fairly obvious that players in a T4 server are gonna be T4. MrSnuggles is talking about QLRanks' CA "Elo". QLPrism incorporates a script displaying the ratings of the players in the server. But of course you don't need QLPrism for that. Just install this :
    https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/111519/

Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    It's fairly obvious that players in a T4 server are gonna be T4. MrSnuggles is talking about QLRanks' CA "Elo". QLPrism incorporates a script displaying the ratings of the players in the server. But of course you don't need QLPrism for that. Just install this :
    https://userscripts.org/scripts/show/111519/
    Which was exactly why I was asking why QLPrism had anything to do with it when it's readily available in any browser. I just wasn't 100% sure that they were talking about the userscript since it wasn't directly mentioned.

+ Reply to Thread