+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How about a new powerup ?

Senior Member realgumby is on a distinguished road

How about a new powerup ?

How about a new powerup. What Im thinking is one like ninja or silence. It allows the player for a given time to be silent to the enemy. The only noise from them would be that of weapons. No footsteps and no jumps. I think it would make a cool addition.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by realgumby View Post
    How about a new powerup. What Im thinking is one like ninja or silence. It allows the player for a given time to be silent to the enemy. The only noise from them would be that of weapons. No footsteps and no jumps. I think it would make a cool addition.
    F2, as if the Invisibility and Flight doesn't enrage the community already..

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Would be as useless as Invisibility. Do you think there will be 10 guys camping at the same time waiting for you to come from the back? of course not, everyone will be running around the map and shot u as soon as they see you no matter if u are sneaky or not. At least in T4.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Could be interesting in a duel. Like if jumps, running, and initial shooting (rockets would still explode, as would grenades, but shooting them would be silent) were made silent by the powerup.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    It could be interesting, but I'd still say F2. There's better things they could be working on instead of a new powerup that wouldn't be used in any current maps.

Member fonsxe is on a distinguished road
    Sounds a lot like the scout team power up.

Scout (S): The Scout power-up increases the player's rate of movement, grants them silent footsteps while running, increases the rate of fire of their weapons and grants them a unique level of mobility that prevents them from taking any damage from their own weapons.

http://www.quakelive.com/#!guide

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Came in here to say we already have Scout.

Member Chimaira is an unknown quantity at this point
    While you've mastered strafe jumping perfectly, scout is a very powerful powerup. I'd say that for an attacker it's far better than the other ctf powerups.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    No, I don't think any powerup should change the speed of the player's motion or firing rate. No-self damage is extemporaneous.

Also scout only quiets the footsteps, not jumps. Quiet strafe jumping and quiet shooting are what would be new and potentially interesting.

+ Reply to Thread