+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: New Cerberon (Alpha 1) - newcerberon_a1.bsp - by EmeraldTiger

Junior Member ph0enX is on a distinguished road
    Nice update

Im on the map right now and will give some feedback what i think about it atm.

In base, Close the High Right Door. I think its just messy with 5 entrences. I believe it will be more interresting aswell by going High with Flag that leads to the Tube.
    Also as a deffender i would like a Pipe where u can jump up to flag by coming from the low stairs YA/regen. This is not necessary just a small tip
    Also i would like to see one more 25hp bubble in maybe low right corner in base or somewhere in base.
    I saw some feedback about the base, and i will take that up aswell that i think the base would look better if u made it just a little bigger "backwards"? Just the Flagstand backwards and its fine.

Something that annoys me everytime i walk down the Left stairs from base is that u intend to jump up on that path on the wall. Hope u understand what i mean, but could just put up a few shards there and make that path Walk able. Also not necessary but a tip.

Coming out from water is still a little hard, u have to dive and then go up to be able to get up from water. If u swim on the surface and try go up it works 50% of the time.

I like a jumpad or some Boxes that u can jump up to mid instead of that ladder low. And the reason for that is when quad is spawning its easy to bounce people off from the quad area with rockets. And it would be impossible to get up to mid again on the slow ladder with 100% shaft in the ass :/

Also dont like the 2 pillars at the mid entrence, i believe these are very annoying when u stand at the Mid entrence railing. I think the mid pillars already covers the map well wich are at Quad. Would like to see an opening like this:
    http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/7812/5b5q.png

That MH grid is veery annoying. Just remove it. It only works when MH spawns?

I will explain the gameplay on the map what u have right now.
    The deffender would be controling High left, Low, and Mid, by controling these sides he can just stay at Mid entrence and do damage and keep an eye on high left and block mid entrence, I would also hear someone walking in water. This might sound easy, but its very hard to control that many entrences at the same time, espacially when u need to get ur items. The deff would Circle LG - MH - GA - low YA. -> Ye i wouldnt go for base YA just because its too far and i would lose control of incomings.
    This is what i as a deffender would play.
    Not many players will be able to control all this and prefer everything closer to base to be able to sit at flag and camp it. I can tell though that i personaly like it what it is now.
    I would then put the Mid player High right, he can spam nades into main entrence if needed. Take top GA and just do dmg and block that entrence because thats the entrence that can dmg the deffender the most, because the attacker can spam rockets to MH or sneak his way into base that way.
    The 2 attackers should focus on getting enemy MH.

Very nice to see 3 pu's. I like the map better this version.
    I like to see the next version ! And something that is important aswell is where u place out the spawns. This is something that should be beta tested between 2 teams playing the map.

Senior Member EmeraldTiger is on a distinguished road EmeraldTiger's Avatar
    More changes. There are now 5 25+ health bubbles in each base, 2 near the flag room for base defenders, 2 towards the front for the base/mid players, and 1 health up high for the high mid players to grab when using RG, but out of the way of viable flag carrier routes. The 50+ healths on the water platforms are there to give players an incentive to actually go down there instead of just being a platform to knock players onto with RL. Weapon placement has been changed as well, and is hopefully more balanced now.

New Cerberon - Beta 3:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...erberon_b3.zip

- GL moved to old LG position. (resp. to corvu, vsm)

- Moved LG to old base RL position. (resp. to corvu, vsm)

- Moved base RL to old GL position. (resp. to corvu, vsm)

- Added nopicmip to glass shaders. (resp. to ph0enX, as in previous versions picmip practically made the glass invisible, which probably explains why the curved pipe area looked walkable)

- Mid high RL's removed in favor of a mid RL on the high
    central platform. This change applies to CTF only - 1FCTF
    and Harvester modes will use the old RL configuration (to
    accomodate for the neutral flag / harvester obelisk
    and the power-up) (resp. to corvu, vsm)

- Added a 25+ health onto the catwalk between high front
    SG and the RG.

- Added some pipes next to the entrance to the sewers
    in the flag rooms. (resp. to ph0enX, eXodus)

- Added a 25+ health bubble at the entrance to the sewers
    from the flag rooms. (resp. to corvu, vsm, ph0enX)

- Added a 50+ health bubble at the low water platforms in
    mid.

- Added special clipping at the water platforms to fix an
    issue related to QL's swimming code. (resp. to ph0enX)

- Removed the bars at MH. (resp. to ph0enX)

- Silenced the turrets. (resp. to corvu)

- Replaced ladders with elevators. (resp. to ph0enX)

- More minor visual alterations / fixes.

Last edited by EmeraldTiger; 11-21-2013 at 08:05 PM.
    Dont have had English lessons on school ?
    You dont understand word i just word do you?
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Check out my blog, EmeraldProductions:
    http://emeraldproductions.weebly.com/

Bump.

Ten Characters.
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    Hey em
    if you need opinion from ctf player here is my thoughts
    base markers needs to be more visible if possible because i would get lost in enemy base when strafing from enemy and spawn positions needs to be more shuffled or rearranged...4 spawns are in base and 1 in mid near power up?...map is like a maze and if they over take the our base i couldn't get the weapon because i would die fast...they are pretty much standard¨and if you get 2 attackers in your base it would be very hard to run away...so far this is what i think btw awesome map!

i dont have much time to investigate all but these 2 things catches my eyes
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Thanks for your input AXxXxO (apologies for the late response) - I'll look into the spawn points and into making the team indicators more visible.

If anyone else has any feedback to offer for Beta 3 then please do so - I always enjoy hearing the community's thoughts, and if things go well I should have the release candidate out next.
    - Draven of LowLandLions

Member c0rrupt is on a distinguished road
    like the textures/layout, it feels like an old q2ctf map

Junior Member Whiskey7 is on a distinguished road Whiskey7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c0rrupt View Post
    like the textures/layout, it feels like an old q2ctf map

Hello EmeraldTiger

I was just passing by here after playing some QL wondering if there were any custom maps about and I found yours.

Nice work and a pleasure to play a custom map for a change.
    Hit my WWW and make the world spin

+ Reply to Thread