+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Thread: Lightning Gun: one gun to rule them all. Ideas how to rebalance it.

  1. #61
    Junior Member Hemmingfish is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11
    This is still as relevant today as ever. Even LG at 6 is too high to be competitive with the other weapons. Constant firing (50 msec or something, so pretty much anyway), hitscan, great distance and it doesn't matter how bad of an aim you are, you'll still deal more damage with it than any other weapon. I've been playing around with it at 3 against bots and it finally feels like a fair weapon - shotgun outclasses it up close, railgun from afar and plasma for mid-range. It moves it into more of a niche than "everyone spam this to win", since while it doesn't do as much damage as the other weapons on paper it's significantly more reliable and having nerfed it to 3 means a mediocre player who's picking weapons for the situation can out-damage a mediocre player who's spamming LG.

    Meanwhile it's still king for immobility, anti-air and picking off low-hp players.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 07-01-2015 at 09:54 AM.

  2. #62
    Member TheThorne is on a distinguished road TheThorne's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    47
    This argument will rage on, personally I hardly use the LG. I am not great with it even with 144mhz screen,lovelymouse and powerful pc but more importantly I just don't enjoy using it. For me its RG 1st, SG 2nd, RL 3rd and then its what ever I get my hands on, HMG aint bad for chasing down flag runners for example. I'm not the greatest player around but I do believe I am one of the most versatile and most LG primary users aren't, without their precious they ain't all that. If you specialize in LG you are a force that can plough through noobs in no time making FFA a breeze but most good players no how to deal with LG users and stay away from them apart from spawn kills of course.

  3. #63
    Junior Member rhatboy is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    12
    The top and bottom of it is that everyone have the same weapons, with the same ammo, dealing the same damage... So if you feel the lg is to powerful then you just need to start appreciating that other players are simply better. Lg is definitely the most used weapon, better players recognise that is should be used in most situations.

  4. #64
    Member mapamapa is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    67
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemmingfish View Post
    This is still as relevant today as ever. Even LG at 6 is too high to be competitive with the other weapons. Constant firing (50 msec or something, so pretty much anyway), hitscan, great distance and it doesn't matter how **** of an aim you are, you'll still deal more damage with it than any other weapon. I've been playing around with it at 3 against bots and it finally feels like a fair weapon - shotgun outclasses it up close, railgun from afar and plasma for mid-range. It moves it into more of a niche than "everyone spam this to win", since while it doesn't do as much damage as the other weapons on paper it's significantly more reliable and having nerfed it to 3 means a mediocre player who's picking weapons for the situation can out-damage a mediocre player who's spamming LG.

    Meanwhile it's still king for immobility, anti-air and picking off low-hp players.
    If LG was 3 no one would use it. Then you would be better off only using rockets.

    The problem is that your own LG accuracy is so low that you can't use it when you are supposed to, that is from medium range. Since you can't use it yourself you pick less than optimal weapons for medium range such as rocket or shotgun and get owned by the people who can use LG.
    I can tell this from your stats, where you use LG only 12% of the time and only hit 23% which is very low.

    Get your accuracy to atleast above 30 and your problems with the LG will disappear.

    The picking off enemies with low HP weapon is machine gun or heavy machine gun, LG is one of the three main weapons. Rocket being the best short range weapon, LG the best medium range weapon and Rail the best long range weapon.

  5. #65
    Junior Member Hemmingfish is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by mapamapa View Post
    If LG was 3 no one would use it. Then you would be better off only using rockets.

    The problem is that your own LG accuracy is so low that you can't use it when you are supposed to, that is from medium range. Since you can't use it yourself you pick less than optimal weapons for medium range such as rocket or shotgun and get owned by the people who can use LG.
    I can tell this from your stats, where you use LG only 12% of the time and only hit 23% which is very low.

    Get your accuracy to atleast above 30 and your problems with the LG will disappear.

    The picking off enemies with low HP weapon is machine gun or heavy machine gun, LG is one of the three main weapons. Rocket being the best short range weapon, LG the best medium range weapon and Rail the best long range weapon.
    I play exclusively against bots so my account statistics are far, far outdated. The problem is even at 3 damage me using it myself is better than with the other weapons simply because it's a stream of hitscan. Missing with plasma is a far greater loss to your dps than just spamming with LG.

  6. #66
    Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemmingfish View Post
    I play exclusively against bots so my account statistics are far, far outdated.
    This kind of destroys the credibility of your opinion, as does your previous statement: "and it doesn't matter how bad of an aim you are, you'll still deal more damage with it than any other weapon" - which is absolutely rubbish. It's not a coincidence that the only people who EVER complain about the LG are those who can't use it or dodge it. They will hide behind statements like "I choose not to use the LG 'cause it's boring", or "it's stupid because all you have to do is hold your crosshair on somebody", as if it were that simple. Becoming proficient with the LG is difficult. Learning how to dodge it effectively is difficult. Just because you can't or won't take the time to learn those skills does not mean that the LG is "unbalanced". And please, don't tell me you can hit 70% LG against bots as proof that you do know how to use the weapon, because it's meaningless.

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts