+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fatal Error trying to run QL in Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 x64

*TheBum52
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasparillo View Post
    Internet Explorer 10 is not currently supported in Quake Live. We do not know if or when it will become supported in the future.
    WELL, please tell me if I am wrong here but, SHOULDNT YOU WARN current players and new players on the main page that this will not work with explorer 10? I sure found out the hard way as will everyone else that has automatic updates turned on. Now I have to use chrome to play the game. I happen to like IE and really dont care if others think it is no good. I personally would have not upgraded my IE to 10 if I would have been warned that the QL wouldnt work anymore. Please help others NOW by giving the heads up on the main page.

Junior Member Rawbat is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike68 View Post
    ... I've been lured towards Chrome lately and am using it to play QL with no problems in Windows XP and 7.
    When I run QL on Chrome I don't see my online friends, and chat doesn't appear to be working. Does that work for you?

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawbat View Post
    When I run QL on Chrome I don't see my online friends, and chat doesn't appear to be working. Does that work for you?
    Everything is working fine, I don't know what would cause that. Have you tried Firefox or Prism?

Junior Member NZ_Blade is on a distinguished road
    ........I'm also still hanging out for an IE10 fix. (yes I know I can install another browser, but that's a work around)

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_Blade View Post
    I'm also willing to bet the majority of the Quake Live user base running a non-IE browser are not paying members?
    That's not a very risky bet. I'd bet the majority of QL users aren't paying and that this property is still true for the subsets we get when separating by browser. If what you were trying to bet on is that the proportion of subscribers is higher for IE users than other browsers, I'd like to hear your reasoning. I'd actually bet on the opposite since IE is the "default" (the one you have if you don't step out of your way to get another) on Windows and thus include computer-impaired people that could have trouble making an online transaction.

Senior Member drunkenFooL is on a distinguished road
    What I meant in another thread about future updates could possibly resolve the IE10 issue (for QL) - is MS updates, such as this: IE 11 coming out
    (So to clarity, I meant MS updates, not QL updates)
    http://money.msn.com/business-news/a...30&id=16539268

Not sure if Win 7 will be affected when Win 8 gets updates though.

Junior Member MrsMater is on a distinguished road
    I too have this issue! I too pay to play!! I've been playing Quake since Q2 was released, so I am not new to the Quake World never have I had such issues with any of the releases, but then again none have them been "browser based". It would be greatly appreciated "IF" this issue would be fixed. I've PAID for a PRO-ACCOUNT since 2010 encouraged others to do the same, "IF" this can not be fixed I will not pay for another year. I nor others should have to utilize another browser because of the un-compatibility of updates! Having the respect I have for "THE GAME" I would hate to lose it to something such as this.

Thank You in advance for your consideration.

RIOTMRS.MATER

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    MrsMater can you provide some information about the issue as it pertains to your particular situation?

Such as what OS and browser you are using.

Junior Member MrsMater is on a distinguished road
    I am running windows 7 64 bit pro, with IE10 ... when trying to log on I get Fatal Error an instance of quake live is already running leave web page. refresh and log off options..

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Use a different browser than IE10!@

Firefox!!@

I wonder if there's a workaround for IE10 specifically though..

+ Reply to Thread