+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fatal Error trying to run QL in Internet Explorer 10 for Windows 7 x64

*MrsMater
    If you turn off your updates, uninstall IE10 update, QL runs like it should, thus far. But my point is one shouldn't have to nor should one have to utilize a different browser, because of updates . IMO

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsMater View Post
    because of updates
    Browser updates happen and often break something with QL. There's no stopping that. Fixing it every time requires a great deal of debugging (time). I can see why support for minor browsers would be dropped.

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar
    I'm shocked to hear people still use IE...not nearly as shocked to hear it's not currently supported though. :s
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.instalounge.co.nr/

Junior Member PredatH0r is on a distinguished road
    Win 7 x64 (freshly installed with all updates):
    IE 10: "another instance is already running" bla bla -> can't log in
    Chrome: friend list empty and no chat

What brower IS supposed to work with QL???

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PredatH0r View Post
    Chrome: friend list empty and no chat
    I don't think I've heard of that before. You should make sure it's new and make a new thread for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PredatH0r View Post
    What brower IS supposed to work with QL???
    I think it's Firefox and Chrome at the moment.
    Please note there's a little problem with FF21 where you'll have to restart it to start the plugin if you just left QL. Sponge and FF's devs are working on it.
    Last edited by FlashSoul; 06-07-2013 at 01:20 AM.

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by infntnub View Post
    I'm shocked to hear people still use IE...not nearly as shocked to hear it's not currently supported though. :s
    My entire family, all of my inlaws, the government office where my wife works, the office where I work, my friends all use IE. It works and does what they want it to. I now also have firefox installed but use it only for QL as an broken IE10 work around.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Browser updates happen and often break something with QL. There's no stopping that. Fixing it every time requires a great deal of debugging (time). I can see why support for minor browsers would be dropped.
    chrome auto updates alot pending on where you d/l it from originally. I d/l chrome from http://www.filehippo.com/ as it doesnt have the auto update tied in with it. It gets around disabling the service and removing it from msconfig, chrome update is ruthless.

http://www.qlprism.us/
    Last edited by Adderall; 06-12-2013 at 10:39 PM.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Junior Member Ghosthree3 is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, I had this issue. I use waterfox which unfortunately doesn't support ql (it's a 64bit browser) so I use IE for just quake. Fixed it by uninstalling IE10 (going back to 9) and making sure it didn't auto update again.

*txR
    I used IE only for quakelive because IE is low in ressources !
    While im browsing this page with IE and Firefox, my mem usage is only 39'000k with IE and 98'000K with Firefox !!

And only 10% is still 10%! When u make a website you cannot just say "oh my design doesnt fit for mac user..oh well i dont care, it's only 10% of my visitors"

So i will act like the dev team, i don't care about QL, i'm going to play shootmania.

+ Reply to Thread