+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lightning Gun Tutorial

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    You are skeptical about the usefulness of mouse-aim? Tracking your opponent perfectly with just your mouse is not nearly as easy as it is to do so with just your keyboard, yet it's what separates the decent aimers from the great ones. It's what gives you the ability to hit high accuracies against top-level gamers. Practicing it the way I showed (which is what I did with k0nnj a couple years back) is an easy shortcut to mastery.
    No, I'm just saying that it's different from playing someone circle strafing versus strafing towards/away from you. You end up with obstacles in the way.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    No, I'm just saying that it's different from playing someone circle strafing versus strafing towards/away from you. You end up with obstacles in the way.
    You try it out and you'll find out the ability carries over quite well to different speeds. For someone strafing towards or away from you you should already be hitting 100%, so I don't really get your point. And using obstacles is part of damage mitigation, just as dodging is. Doesn't make the ability to hit your opponent when he's not already behind a wall any less important. Just more so, infact, since you'll have less opportunities to do damage and need to get the most out of them.

EDIT: LOL

You try it out and you'll find out the ability carries over quite well to different speeds. For someone strafing towards or away from you you should already be hitting 100%, so I don't really get your point. And using obstacles is part of damage mitigation, just as dodging is. Doesn't make the ability to hit your opponent when he's not already behind a wall any less important. Just more so, infact, since you'll have less opportunities to do damage and need to get the most out of them.

EDIT: LOL
    Just to let you know, I didn't like or dislike it, if that's what you were implying.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    I was more thinking you were doubting the effectiveness or use of practicing this way.

I was more thinking you were doubting the effectiveness or use of practicing this way.
    No, I was just saying that the effectiveness of it is more useful in CA than other gametypes.

I see no reason whatsoever as to why that should be the case. I have played other modes, you know. The aim carries over, and quite well too.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    I'd add the profit of using vampiric damage for 1 on 1 LG.
    It helps to get a very long fight (10+ sec, my best was about 45 secs), if you both have similar acc. It means, that you have time to make adjustments not only between rounds, but DURING the round itself, and IMHO, realtime adjustments are great addition to practice. You can literally try several dodging patterns in one fight and really see results without replays.
    And it will also make a game unranked, which is essential when you have your training.
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

I tried a few LG duels with vampiric when it was new. It caused me and my opponents wrist and finger pains. Wouldn't recommend it.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Well, I was once practicing for 2 hours non stop on eye to eye, and it was ok. And you can always adjust the amount of vampiric. I was playing with 100% but it's possible to cut this in in favor of 30-70%. The main point is that a single fight should not last more than 60 seconds, you really need a small break. I sometimes end up a fight with my elbow somewhere above ear for I don't have time to reposition mouse on the mat. But you can always strafe in a different direction to prevent this I don't say it's a "must-do", but for some people it can be more effective to have vampiric on.
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Member b1_ is on a distinguished road
    Cat, thank you very much!! Just curious, do you play with cg_drawgun 1? Does it help with aim (to you)?

And what about player lean, does it help?
    Last edited by b1_; 03-01-2013 at 04:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread