+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: New Lightning Gun Tutorial

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    I am actually getting same accuracy in both CA (not more than 4x4)/Duel (25-35%, depending on ping, opponents dodging and Acapulco weather I guess). But I have noticed that when I'm busy thinking about opponents location, item timing and such things involved in Duel, I somehow get distracted while aiming.
    And I have started playing CA for aiming purposes only, so I can say it really helps. I used to get outshafted every situation with even stacks, now I sometimes can actually pull some fights off even with lesser stack, not mentioning that if I manage to catch enemy off guard, I literally burn him to hell with none incoming damage at all.
    Muscle memory is all the same in every gametype.
    The only problem I see here, is that playing TS and EtE you are getting used to fight on plain grounds, no ladders or boxes whatsoever, so when you use shaft in Duels, there are many occasions you have to use different arm motions in comparison to practice matches. Instead of short dodging and short aim adjustments you need to perform long and slow arm swipe while jumping somewhere to a higher ground and this could be tricky. Dm13 shards/PG area, jumppad/LG ammo area are all about that.
    Nevertheless, QL is a shooter, so practicing your aim will definitely make you better in any gametype.
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member namad will become famous soon enough namad's Avatar
    Seems there are a lot of players who didn't understand how important basics are. People always forgot how do they start learning some basics in school. Nobody will give 8 year kid to read William Shakespeare poetry simple because you need to learn basics first (letters, words, reading).

Most common arguments:
    "Shooting bots? Nah, too easy, it doesn't help!" And I disagree, playing with bots will help to learn a lot of important things (how to keep aim steady, how to properly strafe-aim and so on)

"How can I learn LG aim if we are running dumb circles" No comments on that. How do you supposed to learn mouse-aim then? I mean starting from the basics, not trying to get high accuracy numbers without any background.

"Aim in CA is different from other game mods" It's because of unequal stacks. CA makes player equals right from the spawn I played a lot of CA and now I have 30-35% lg accuracy in every mod I played.

Thanks for doing this, Cat. Doesn't matter if someone do not believe in your practice methods, I know they simply work.

Cheers!

Member b1_ is on a distinguished road
    Please, can you give me any advice for improving my aim, or dodging, whatever?
    Here's my demo
    http://www.speedyshare.com/aRKKG/demo0007.dm-73

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b1_ View Post
    Please, can you give me any advice for improving my aim, or dodging, whatever?
    Here's my demo
    http://www.speedyshare.com/aRKKG/demo0007.dm-73
    Your dodging is far too languid.

+ Reply to Thread