+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New Lightning Gun Tutorial

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar

New Lightning Gun Tutorial

I wanted to make it similar to my Railgun tutorial. Short, straight forward and to the point, no esoteric theorycrafting. Just "do this until you get good". All in my signature unscripted, poorly edited catness.

Hope you find it helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIc3L6x9Z-A

*MrSnuggles
    Haha perfect thanks cat. The LG dodging duel was what I was looking for. That's where I have the most trouble, my LG looks exactly like what you did to the first bot in the beginning of the vid.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Nothing against the guide, but this is really only relevant with Clan Arena. In other gametypes you're usually not just standing there strafing with another player (Unless you're not playing the objective).

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Nothing against the guide, but this is really only relevant with Clan Arena. In other gametypes you're usually not just standing there strafing with another player (Unless you're not playing the objective).
    Did you watch up to the third part?

Senior Member stownr will become famous soon enough stownr's Avatar
    That was great! i lol'd at the "this guy talked smack in the comments and then,,,"

Quote Originally Posted by stownr View Post
    That was great! i lol'd at the "this guy talked smack in the comments and then,,,"
    Yeah, serious was 12 back then, so I can't really hold it against him. He has ridiculously good aim, to the point where Heartless actually called him a hacker. Note that he had 55 ping vs my 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Did you watch up to the third part?
    I watched all of it. Did I miss something?
    I watched it this morning, but hadn't commented until later, so maybe I just forgot something that was said because I was tired while watching xD

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I watched all of it. Did I miss something?
    I watched it this morning, but hadn't commented until later, so maybe I just forgot something that was said because I was tired while watching xD
    Well, the idea with practicing this way is the same as with my Railgun tutorial; learning to hit your shots. That's universal for all game modes. I also indirectly bring up dodging by mentioning how you won't hit dodgers without aiming a certain way and by showing a guy who dodges quite well. Dodging is a major part of damage mitigation (the second major part being Line of Sight) and it's also universal for all game modes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Well, the idea with practicing this way is the same as with my Railgun tutorial; learning to hit your shots. That's universal for all game modes. I also indirectly bring up dodging by mentioning how you won't hit dodgers without aiming a certain way and by showing a guy who dodges quite well. Dodging is a major part of damage mitigation (the second major part being Line of Sight) and it's also universal for all game modes.
    Oh ok, I did hear that. I thought you meant something where you said something like "While this is mostly only helpful in Clan Arena" or something to that effect. I mean, I understand that getting better with the aiming like that can help with all games, but it seems like it wouldn't be very helpful unless you're playing with people that were circle strafing in an area.

You are skeptical about the usefulness of mouse-aim? Tracking your opponent perfectly with just your mouse is not nearly as easy as it is to do so with just your keyboard, yet it's what separates the decent aimers from the great ones. It's what gives you the ability to hit high accuracies against top-level gamers. Practicing it the way I showed (which is what I did with k0nnj a couple years back) is an easy shortcut to mastery.

+ Reply to Thread