+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Horrible LG accuracy, looking for tips

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Do like a 1v1 thunderstruck or somt, half those people were practically standing still :-P

Also one tool that is really quite powerful is to demo yourself in an LG battle and then watch the demo at timescale 0.25 or so. It will really show you what's actually happening.

Member poocasso is on a distinguished road poocasso's Avatar
    Very good lg practice step by step:

/devmap x
    /god
    /g_infiniteAmmo 1
    /g_startingHealthBonus 100
    /g_startingArmor 200
    (this way freshly spawned bot will have 200/200. obviously you can change that to whatever you want)
    /addbot bones 5
    /bot_challenge 1
    /bot_thinktime 0
    /timescale 1.25 (optional)

Do this a lot and your tracking WILL get better. It's also a great way to warm-up before playing.
    Last edited by poocasso; 02-28-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Senior Member SquirrlWrangler is on a distinguished road SquirrlWrangler's Avatar
    Thanks for this. Unfortunately, "God mode" doesn't work with the Mac QL plugin. The server won't allow it, saying "Cheats are not enabled on this server." I'm not sure why they don't allow this for Mac users.

My LG accuracy is stuck at 20%, also. Looks like I'm going to have to boot into Windows to practice.

Quote Originally Posted by poocasso View Post
    Very good lg practice step by step:

/devmap x
    /god
    /g_infiniteAmmo 1
    /g_startingHealthBonus 100
    /g_startingArmor 200
    (this way freshly spawned bot will have 200/200. obviously you can change that to whatever you want)
    /addbot bones 5
    /bot_challenge 1
    /bot_thinktime 0
    /timescale 1.25 (optional)

Do this a lot and your tracking WILL get better. It's also a great way to warm-up before playing.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SquirrlWrangler View Post
    Thanks for this. Unfortunately, "God mode" doesn't work with the Mac QL plugin. The server won't allow it, saying "Cheats are not enabled on this server." I'm not sure why they don't allow this for Mac users.

My LG accuracy is stuck at 20%, also. Looks like I'm going to have to boot into Windows to practice.
    Did you enter
    Code:
    /devmap <MAP>
    then hit Enter, and then enter
    Code:
    /god
    or did you enter them into the console both together?
    Last edited by pikaluva13; 02-28-2013 at 12:48 PM.

Senior Member SquirrlWrangler is on a distinguished road SquirrlWrangler's Avatar
    Before.

bot_challenge and bot_thinktime are also "cheat protected." The other commands work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Did you enter the devmap before or after you tried /god?

Before.

bot_challenge and bot_thinktime are also "cheat protected." The other commands work fine.
    I edited my post to correct any possible confusion in the future from other people reading it. I know you understood what I'd meant though due to your reply. Just had to fix it for future reference

I started a practice match, brought up the console and typed "/devmap asylum" which loaded that map. Then I joined the match, brought up the console, and typed "/god" which resulted in the message "cheats are not enabled on this server."

I started a practice match, brought up the console and typed "/devmap asylum" which loaded that map. Then I joined the match, brought up the console, and typed "/god" which resulted in the message "cheats are not enabled on this server."
    Yeah, that's what I assumed you'd meant. I figured I needed to clarify the earlier post just in case somebody thought I meant

"did you write /devmap, then /god, or /god, then /devmap"
    instead of "enter" being "joining the map"

Member b1_ is on a distinguished road
    I am stuck at 22-27% LG. Poocasso thanks for the tip with bots. I especially like the 1.25 timescale. After playing like this with bots, the real game is so weirdly slow
    But still, the real player movements are totally different from bots. Bots have exact pattern, I can learn it and have habit. But in the real, I am totally off, I can't get more than 25%.

Anyway, if anyone would like to train LG duel with me, please let me know. Like 30 minutes a day, if we meet.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    addme if EU
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

+ Reply to Thread