+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Horrible LG accuracy, looking for tips

*MrSnuggles

Horrible LG accuracy, looking for tips

For quite some time now I've had reaaally bad LG accuracy (avg 20% every game =_=), and LG is pretty damn important. So I'm looking for advice on how to approach practicing the LG that way I can at least do another 100 dmg a round.

Here's how my LG goes most of the time.

Target is in the air - Easy target, my LG will go "trtrtrtrtrtrtrtrt"
    Ambush from behind - Easy target, skilled players react quickly though

Moving targets - I start to miss, I seem to have the most luck standing still if it's safe, but if they spot me I will probably get nailed with a direct rocket, in tougher servers standing still is like a death sentence...

Now when I strafe when I aim that's when all things go to hell. For some reason my crosshairs will jerk around while I strafe, resulting in horrible accuracy. I'm not sure how much I should be moving my mouse when I'm trying to strafe aim, so I hope someone could clear that out for me.

Strafing and moving your mouse at the same time will be different for each situation so the easiest answer would be to just practice. But if anyone could offer their 2 cents, or just give me any leads on how to practice that would help. I mean I have no clue whether or not I should be actively panning over my target, or just let my footwork(strafing) do all the aiming while my mouse stays still.

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Cat's guide on this forum and videos are a great start:

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...orial-progress.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuEMhQ9EMpk
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gIJL6lT_7Y

Wish I could be of more help, but I'm pretty much in the same boat.

-Cheers

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Would be easier to diagnose your problem with a demo..

*MrSnuggles
    Lowered my sensitivity by 2 notches according to cat's guide.... it Helped out a whole lot, it also helped my rails too.

I'll post a demo when I get the chance. I don't use LG often enough for you guys to get a good look at it, I don't want to make you sit through a whole match either so I'll try to play a game where I use LG as much as I can.

Senior Member NEPHIREM is on a distinguished road NEPHIREM's Avatar
    My lg is crap (and I don't really care about it), but first thing you should do to get good with a weapon is to start using it more often.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPHIREM View Post
    My lg is crap (and I don't really care about it), but first thing you should do to get good with a weapon is to start using it more often.
    I disagree. Don't just use it to use it. Only use it when it's the best weapon in use to fight.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I disagree. Don't just use it to use it. Only use it when it's the best weapon in use to fight.
    Actually, the way I went from an average of 26 LG to 37 in a few months was by using it almost exclusively.

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    I've been practicing against nightmare bots 2v2 CA on Thunderstruck and have gone from 20% to a consistent 45%* using Cat's methods.

*Against bots only - online will have to wait till I get off this damn boat.

*MrSnuggles
    http://www.mediafire.com/?k1tauzodq7qolgj
    Couldn't get it to work with the forum file uploader so I put it on Mediafire.

Basically me in a Domination game just using LG until I run out of ammo. My opponents weren't very good but you guys can get a good picture of where my LG is right now =_=.

Junior Member Racoon321 is on a distinguished road
    here's a few things that helped me out with my lighting gun accuracy:
    you can try lowering down your mouse sensitivity to where you feel its just right,
    In the advanced options, go to the weapons tab and then set the setting for the lightning sway to "none", that way it don't feel like you're missing almost 79% percent of the time.
    here is another insane remedy: take off the crosshair. I feel it's easier for me to point the lighting gun when it's firing since you can see the arc in the middle of the screen.
    hope any of that helps.

+ Reply to Thread