+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Texas servers... Their quality lately is not good.

Junior Member Zereck is on a distinguished road

Texas servers... Their quality lately is not good.

The servers in Texas have been trouble for a while. Crazy pings, even when my pings to Dallas are solid, my ping to the Texas servers is very high. Overall server instability. It's getting to the point where it's better (feels better) to play in VA with double the ping. At the least the pings to VA are solid. I have a Pro account and it just feels like it's not worth it to pay the money if the local servers aren't maintained.

Junior Member paw_dawg is on a distinguished road
    I dont share your theory as TX is my server location of choice. I live in Tampa Florida and the best pings I can even obtain are to TX, VA and WDC... Even on these servers. at best. I ping 45. TX seems to be the most stable to me. From my location, Texas runs great.

Junior Member tyrae1 is on a distinguished road
    agreed, i ping 40 and when i lag out in clan arena i get destroyed. For me playing in Chicago with 20 more ping is alot more pleasant than Texas, I also have a pro account and i question purchasing it again. Who am i going to play with? people are scared to play in Texas because it is unstable everyone is migrating to the Chicago servers and VA servers.

Junior Member MidnightHeart is on a distinguished road MidnightHeart's Avatar
    I have loved TX servers for a long time. It was the lowest ping I could get anywhere, most of my friends played it, and it was reasonably stable. However, they have become incredibly unstable. I still get my usual 55 ping in TX but while playing it feels like I have 100 ping. On top of that it is inconsistent. My ping will spike like crazy in TX. These spikes aren't even consistent in length and severity. Some are very big and some are very small time wise. And then some are very big and some are very small ping wise. Myself and every other player on the TX I have played with have this same issue or very similar. It is sad because now many players are cut off from playing with their friends on west coast and on the other side many can't play with their friends on east coast. I love Quake and ID software. You guys have been awesome since I started playing back in quake II. You have always been very helpful and willing to work with me if I have had a problem and I appreciate it very much. I hope that you guys will help us out on this issue. It is very important to us. I renew my QL subscription whenever it expires because I want to support the company and help keep your jobs stable. Please help us out.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and listen to us, your community.

~Sincerely midnightheart.
    Last edited by MidnightHeart; 02-26-2013 at 07:15 PM. Reason: One of the sentences felt poorly executed.

Junior Member DeathAngel is on a distinguished road
    I used to LOVE tx servers but lately they are trash for me. I know my isp plays some part but QL changed something as well. When I lived in Tampa, I would ping better than I do now.. and I'm 7 hours closer!!! I used to ping 60.. now 80+. =/

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathAngel View Post
    but QL changed something as well.
    Such as?

10chars

wish we could get some kind of answer or support.

Junior Member DeathAngel is on a distinguished road
    Flashsoul: Changing to poor hosting. They are going the cheapest route possible it appears.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathAngel View Post
    Flashsoul: Changing to poor hosting. They are going the cheapest route possible it appears.
    Hosting has not changed. Well, the IP are the same so it's gotta be on the same hosting company. So it could theoretically be a cheaper offer from the same host but there's no such thing as offers providing better (or worse) routing over another. Basically, all the server providers can do about the routing is choosing a different ISP (connected to maybe a different backbone)... just like us. It would be cool if end nodes like us (clients) and id (servers) could control routing though. Would be like if harbours could control the ocean currents.

quake live dallas servers are terrible. Im starting to get real pissed.. is there any way to cut my subscription and get a pro-rated return on my money?
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 03-11-2013 at 03:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread