Site Update - February 26, 2013
Today's update is an interim update featuring many fixes to improve the game experience, and numerous fixes and gameplay improvements to our arenas.
- Premium Duel Scoreboard now preserves match data, addressing issues caused by forfeited matches or disconnected players.
- Duels can no longer start with more than 2 players, who were added via the admin 'put' command.
- Server admins may no longer use the 'put' command to place more than two players into a match in progress.
- Server admins may no longer use of the 'allready' command if more or less than two players are in the match.
- Fixed Duel's short name display to read "DUEL" instead of "DM" on the Premium Duel Scoreboard.
Round Based Game Mode Updates
- Players who die during a round countdown will now immediately respawn alive, rather than be excluded from the round as a dead player.
- Inactivity kicks are no longer triggered while dead or frozen.
- Players are now dropped after 25 seconds of inactivity in round based game modes.
- Fixed players in Freeze Tag from being able to prematurely fire if they respawned during a match or round countdown.
- In addition to held power-ups, we now remove dropped power-ups between rounds in Freeze Tag.
- Players may no longer use of the 'forfeit' command during round countdowns.
- Prevent infected from getting weapons in warmup in Infected Red Rover.
- Fixed instaInfected, zombies were spawning with the set Starting Weapons value instead of just gauntlets.
- Gametypes that do not allow item spawning will now utilize the best starting weapons order in warmup, if no weapons are present.
PQL Ruleset Updates
- Increased the consistency of the chain jump boost, also improving telejumps.
- Increased the speed gained by circle strafing.
- Increased the speed while turning with air control.
- Clamp weapon respawn time to a minimum of 10 seconds.
- Max ammo values decreased in item collection based gametypes.
- MG: 100, SG: 20, GL: 20, RL: 20, LG: 100, RG: 20, PG: 100, BFG: 10, NG: 20, PL: 5, CG: 100
- Adjusted player respawn delay, now within a 0.5 and 3.5 second window.
- Vertical jump velocity gets capped, keeping the cumulative effect of chain jumps in check.
- Draw Tiered Armor Availability icons added to inform players when an armor is unavailable for pickup.
- Removed extraneous console variable spam when rulesets are changed.
Misc Game Updates
- Removed /systeminfo command, could be exploited to cause a client crash.
- Rail trails are now properly aligned with the gun barrel, taking custom values of cg_gunX/Y/Z into account.
- Re-enabled the TeamKill Complaint system.
- Fixed an issue that would occur when using a medkit with more than 125HP and firing the weapon in the same frame.
- Lightning Gun muzzle point is positioned correctly when crouching.
- Fixed clientside prediction errors when using custom values of RampJumpScale.
- Weapon Gravity options in Start-a-Match now properly take in account custom values of g_gravity.
- Freecam spectating no longer uses a third person offset, and custom values of cg_thirdPersonAngle will no longer break spec cameras.
- Smoothed out changes in height/viewheight when the spectatorCam flies into a flight of stairs.
- Smooth out viewheight change when crouching while in third person.
- Allow +moveup/+movedown on ladders to help dictate direction (ala Q2). This allows you to be looking up as you crawl down the ladder.
- Draw "-" on the scoreboard in place of the -999 forfeit score on all scoreboard feeders.
- Corrected end game scoreboard messages during a forfeit. "You finished with a score of -999"
- Corrected end game scoreboard messages in Harvester, and improved capture messages when only one capture was made.
- Added 5 Premium Experience PQL Awards
- Too Fast: Complete 1 online PQL match.
- Air Bender: Complete 1 online PQL match in Duel, Capture the Flag, Clan Arena, and Team Deathmatch.
- Paratrooper: Complete 100 online PQL matches.
- Dogfighter: Complete 500 online PQL matches.
- Ethereal: Complete 1,000 online PQL matches.
- Fixed a hall of mirrors effect on the green armor teleporter.
- Fixed the skywalk ceiling clip exploit.
- Fixed the alignment of the ceiling clips in the lightning gun room and the central atrium.
- Fixed clipping above two door archways.
- Fixed texture alignment on trim of the teleporter exit ledge.
- Made the fencing no longer cast shadows so that you can see the pipe detail work behind them.
- Fixed the mispositioned weaponclip on the fencing near yellow armor.
- Improving lighting, getting rid of the black wall section near the grenade launcher teleporter and the black stair faces in mid.
- Improved the positioning of some of the small ceiling lights.
- Fixed the position of the angled light near high RL.
- Fixed texture alignments on the upper level floors, near both railgun and rocket launcher.
- Foolish legacy
- Removed the no-weapon-drop from the waterfog in the megahealth pool.
- Added a new route from mid to high base rocket launcher.
- Added a ladder connection between the water tube and the new high route.
- Moved the railgun to the new water tunnel ledge.
- Removed one of the spawns near plasmagun and one of the spawns near the mid shotgun.
- Added a wall in the perimeter to give the teleporter pool more cover.
- Added 25hp to the new doorway in mid.
- Added 25hp to the teleporter pool.
- Made water in mid deeper, added underwater route below the bridge.
- Fixed skull dispenser in Harvester.
- Left Behind
- Removed no-weapon-drop from the waterfog in the railgun pool.
- Renamed the 'Visor courtyard' to 'Ranger courtyard'.
- Fixed z-fighting in hall near Ranger courtyard.
- Fixed texture misalignment on floor near fog pit.
- Removed some exploitative clips.
- Clipped some exploitative ledges.
- Fixed two clips on the staircase between red armor and the back teleporter.
- Fixed texture alignment on curved brick wall by megahealth.
- Realm of Steel Rats
- Texture density and alignment fixed on the curved brick walls in the lightning gun, lower rocket launcher, and quad rooms.
- Space Chamber
- Fixed the inappropriately sized red armor item timer due to a stray 'team' key on the item.
- Total Health increased from 525 to 700.
- Total Armor increased from 235 to 280.
- Jump pad behind the railgun area replaced with teleporter
- Quad and Megahealth areas rebuilt.
- Numerous graphical and gameplay orientated tweaks.
- Duel mode added - item and weapons layouts changes, upper Rocket Launcher and Grenade Launcher rooms are blocked off.
- Duel mode: Two way teleporter added at the Lightning Gun.
- Made tesla sfx on teleporter nonsolid
- Replaced cables with a new dark cable version for improved alpha blend
- Fixed trim construction near quad
- Fixed trim construction near lg
- Fixed texture alignment on all volumetric lights
- Fixed wall texture scale behind GA teleporter
- Fixed stair ramps near quad
- Deleted obscured portions of the decorative pipes outside of the arena
- Cleanup, making some structural brushes into detail brushes
- The Edge
- Removed the no-weapon-drop from the waterfog in the railgun pool.
- Fixed duplicate spawn point at RL spawn, which caused an imbalance in the spawn point selection process.
Last edited by SyncError; 03-01-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Thats a lot to take in. well done id.
Last edited by Yavich; 02-26-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Some of those have been requested for 4 years, so it is a late but good job.
I personally prefer content over bug fixes though.
edit: and on map changes, I simply don't see why they insist on removing 2 of the funniest parts of maps: clipping and ledges.
Last edited by megaman3; 02-26-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Originally Posted by Lolzy
I like the change to the map Infinity.
The new route to mid especially.
"Players who die during a round countdown will now immediately respawn alive, rather than be excluded from the round as a dead player."
"Players are now dropped after 25 seconds of inactivity in round based game modes."
My name is pikaluva13 and I approve this update.
Liking the new Infinity a lot :3
Opens it up quite a bit.
Cool cool cool .