+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advertising for the good of the game? FACEIT

*Shahi

Advertising for the good of the game? FACEIT

I was just wondering, those banners that used to have Skyrim and whatnot, obviously ditched since it wasn't creating any revenue, would it not be possible for Quake devs or whoever to make a deal with http://faceit.com/ Both parties would benefit, players would stay more long term and faceits popularity would for Quake games would be boosted aswell. Just a vague, not very thought out thought xD

Post your opinions, thanks

*Atfirst I also thought of QLPrism but then I remember I think they prevent the advertisements? Which Quake highers would not like*

Senior Member Ph4nt0m is on a distinguished road Ph4nt0m's Avatar
    Has anyone used Faceit before? Just wanted to gauge people's experience with it.
    Sorry for digressing
    The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    btw faceit currently is by far the initiative that attracts the most players and keeps current and returning players playing and interested on the game. Thousands of viewers every single sunday on twitch.tv/faceittv, hundreds of players every week on skill matched cups (lvl10 is streamed on weekdays, this time wednesday).

Quote Originally Posted by Ph4nt0m View Post
    Has anyone used Faceit before? Just wanted to gauge people's experience with it.
    Sorry for digressing
    Zoot did a 5 seconds guide on the last stream on sunday, on his own stream (twitch.tv/zootlive) because the faceit studio wasn't available. Seemed very, very, very easy to use and literally every single piece of info is there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

*Shahi
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    btw faceit currently is by far the initiative that attracts the most players and keeps current and returning players playing and interested on the game. Thousands of viewers every single sunday on twitch.tv/faceittv, hundreds of players every week on skill matched cups (lvl10 is streamed on weekdays, this time wednesday).
    Mmhm, I agree, and I think the potential banners would be a great way to promote it to new players and get them into an active community and watching the pros is one of the best things about playing Quake

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Well there was some advertisement for FaceIt when they did their Legends cup.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahi View Post
    *Atfirst I also thought of QLPrism but then I remember I think they prevent the advertisements? Which Quake highers would not like*
    QLPrism is just essentially a browser. It has everything that any other browser could have (Except maybe the IRC inside the browser, unless you count webchat).

It's all done with a userscript.

Junior Member FraKctured is on a distinguished road
    I love the the faceit thing they do, only issue for me is im Canadian and, playing euro's sucks from canada, and all the tourney's right now are based in Europe. But if we had more goin on in NA maybe we could be having NA cups too
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 02-27-2013 at 10:13 AM.

*Shahi
    I am sure it will expand to NA, but what do you think about the advertising in game idea?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure from now on there won't be any ads in game, be it from FaceIt, Bethesda or anything. It would be nice to see FaceIt ads in game again, though.

http://www.esreality.com/post/235983...ls/#pid2360081

+ Reply to Thread