+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: People that put down their team...

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimaira View Post
    shuffle system on players' skillrate so the both teams would got equal (or at least close to equal) average skillrate.
    That's what it's actually supposed to do.

Member xll38 is on a distinguished road xll38's Avatar
    it's lame yo. I concur.

edit: keeping it short and sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaira View Post
    I was wondering if there's a chance to base a shuffle system on players' skillrate so the both teams would got equal (or at least close to equal) average skillrate.
    Why all this whine about triers and skillrates?

It never stops. Ahh, the Quake 3 days, where are you?
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 03-06-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    Hmm, in older Quakes a common practice was to kick out lamers who teamstacked or quit in the middle of teamplay or raged or demoralized other teammates on a daily basis. After some time people generally knew who was who and some guys were effectively banned from particular servers. Not that it stopped them from trolling anyway.

Raging is normal as long as you dont insult other ppl. You have all the right to rage because its a competition of sorts and no one likes to lose. On the other hand, no one likes a sore loser. And a jerk for that matter.
    Ths theme and discussion is as old as gaming and competition itself so its not like you're going to find anything new that hasn't been said about it.

It is like some kind of weird soap opera sometimes how much people have to declare their own awesomeness.
    It IS a soap opera. Sometimes the more skilled a guy is, the more whiny he becomes. You've got all sorts of characters in the world, and the same applies to QL.

And it boggles my mind why you guys, some of you veterans, even discuss this bull about pub games. Theyre PUBLIC. Every moron can join and troll there. Even pickups cant be always safe. Private servers with friends = only way.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Member Chimaira is an unknown quantity at this point
    Why all this whine about triers and skillrates?
    It's just a mere piece of a suggestion. I haven't got problem with how the things work now (althought sometimes I fall in rage but I think it's nothing unusual) but while the tier system is present on Quake servers, why shouldn't we try to improve it.

I don't like people who whine all the time about skillrating system because they hate to lose and want to win every game, but some conservative Quake players who still think that '99 Quake 3 Arena was the best and ANY change is prejudged as a bad change are not right in my opinion. I was an active player during 'the Quake 3 days' and I liked it very much but it doesn't mean that I will deny any proposed change.

Member isaBadMutha is on a distinguished road
    You want my 2cents? do ya? Well to bad, you're going to get it.

I see these people complain about players who say, "nubz bring the team down and make me lose!".. This is quake, where your limits are only yourself. You want to win? Show me your greatness, show the people something they've never seen before. A Clutch 1vs5'er who deals damage beginning to end. Respects his teammates even though they aren't on the same level. You understand this, you see this.. you utilize this knowledge you have. You dominate and carry the spirits of those not as talented as yourself to victory to share the glory of the winner's circle.

Honestly though, I don't understand blaming your teammates in this game. This is quake, carry the load and get the glory or whatever.

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why" I dream of things that never were and say, "Why not" - George Bernard Shaw

- SHAFT isaBadMutha
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 03-06-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Member Chimaira is an unknown quantity at this point
    ^ this

Practice, practice, practice, practice, practice and quit whining. This is the only solution that doesn't need changing scripts.

+ Reply to Thread