+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mouse config after mouse change

Junior Member Auronel is on a distinguished road

Mouse config after mouse change

Hello, I really need help with my config! I will be very glad of advices

I just bought new mouse, it has got 2500dpi, my previous one was Microsoft IntelliMouse(Internet browser mouse) and it must have had less dpi.

Ive read I should set max dpi and lower sensitivity, true? At the moment I have sensivity 1 and maximum dpi, but playing anyway is very uncomfortable, especially RL. How people who have 4000dpi mouse play with lg, I can't understand that.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    i wouldn't play at max dpi
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    In theory cpi has to match resolution width. Setting it higher would give no benefit. Sensivity is individual. I have 31cm/360 (LG 36cm/360).
    VG278HE@120Hz@LightBoost + EC2evo + G-TF speed + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Auronel View Post
    Ive read I should set max dpi and lower sensitivity, true?
    Actually pro players that use >800 cpi aren't common.

If you increase your cpi you will have to decrease sensitivity to compensate:

New sens = old sens * (old cpi / new cpi)

At the moment I have sensivity 1 and maximum dpi, but playing anyway is very uncomfortable, especially RL.
    That's actually kind of a high sens, about 10 cm/360.

How people who have 4000dpi mouse play with lg, I can't understand that.
    Use that which is comfortable and works for you. If you dislike the feel of 4000 cpi, change it to a cpi that you feel more comfortable with.

Lorfa, can you describe "feel" of cpi, providing I have an exact sens matching new cpi? What is the difference with cpi change only?

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vurun View Post
    Lorfa, can you describe "feel" of cpi, providing I have an exact sens matching new cpi? What is the difference with cpi change only?
    In regards to the sensor (not the surface!), lower cpi feels to me like new tires on a bike, whereas high cpi feels like an elephant on ice skates.

Hm, will try 450 instead of 1800 on my Abyssus. Btw, if I have 125 fps, I don't need 1000 MHz polling rate and should stick to 125?

Senior Member JustLOL is on a distinguished road JustLOL's Avatar
    Hm, will try 450 instead of 1800 on my Abyssus. Btw, if I have 125 fps, I don't need 1000 MHz polling rate and should stick to 125?
    Is your Abyssus jitter-free? Seemed ok when I viewed your demos, but if there wasn't any jitter then, it might occur after you change the polling rate or CPI... eg. http://www.esreality.com/files/inlin...susresults.png .

But try some different settings and test your artistic skills in Paint to see if your lines look normal or jagged like the ones in the image above.

Regarding the feel of different CPI, from my experience (I only actively used 400 & 800), 800 seems more responsive and I actually do notice the added tracking precision when using it. It also helps my strafe a bit (airstrafe, more precisely). 400 felt somewhat more stable, but I can't get myself to play with it anymore after using 800.

You can use this calculator to calculate your sens for another cpi - https://www.funender.com/quake/mouse/index.html , or play with the \m_cpi thing.
    Don't make me angry, The voices in my head don't like it when you make me angry.

If I have 125 fps, I don't need 1000 MHz polling rate and should stick to 125?
    No, that's nuts. Use 500 or 1000.. and it's Hz not MHz :-P

Wowsers that would be speedy. Instead of polling every millisecond, you'd have it polling every nanosecond :-) Will probably need USB 10.0 or somt for that :-P

I haven't seen them yet
    Seems like 450/125 is the best from what I see.

Lorfa, "sorry, wrong numba" (C)

+ Reply to Thread