+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FPS drops on good PC

Junior Member Smofo is on a distinguished road

FPS drops on good PC

Hi, I've tried a support ticket to QL but they didn't respond so I'm trying here.

My FPS hasn't been stable over the last months, it is never on 125 sometimes drops only 5 sometimes 10, that is still playable even though it's annoying but last few days it also sometimes drops to 60 or 80 every 10 to 30 seconds.

Things I've tried:
    -Default config/configs from friends
    -Other drivers
    -Get someone good with PCs check it out
    -QLPrism
    -Different browsers

System specs:
    - Windows 7
    - 8GB of RAM
    - nvidia GTX 460
    - i5-2400 CPU @ 3.1GHz 4 cores

Help? I really want to keep playing this game.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smofo View Post
    My FPS hasn't been stable over the last months, it is never on 125 sometimes drops only 5 sometimes 10,
    It is normal for drawFPS to flicker between 120-125. I believe this is due to the way drawFPS works and not what's actually happening. You could try fraps to verify that your framerate is stable.

that is still playable even though it's annoying but last few days it also sometimes drops to 60 or 80 every 10 to 30 seconds.
    This strongly indicates a background process grabbing a lot of system resources. When it starts doing that try to alt+enter and quickly ctrl+alt+del to bring up the task manager to see if you can tell which process is causing the problem.

Junior Member Smofo is on a distinguished road
    Well that's not it.

+ Reply to Thread