+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any possible ways to " remove " the music?

*TinyTiger40

Any possible ways to " remove " the music?

Yo guys, i would like to know if there is some way to " remove " the music ingame.

Let me explain myself, i know you can turn the volume down to 0 ( as it has always been for me ), although, i'm using an iMac and i got fps dropping on QL ( + kinda unstable too ).

I'm like 99% sure it's not a graphic issue, my computer definitly can runs QL with 125 fps easily, although, the fact there is a music file running is probably dropping my fps between 50/80 ( and moving quite a lot ). I experienced the same issue on q3. Although on defrag on q3 for example, i got a perfect stable 125 fps all the time without any problems.
    So i really think my problem comes from this music issue.

And i would like to know if there is some way i can litteraly remove the music from the game ( not just turning down the volume, cause just the volume means the music is still " running " i guess ).

Any ideas?
    Thx.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    As far as I know mac QL is stuck at 85 fps.

There is no way to remove the music as it is part of the map I believe.

You could try the standard measures to improve fps, using vertexlight, turning off post process, lowering resolution, lowering s_mixahead, dual booting linux, getting a new pc, get hired by Id's QL team and reprogram the game to run faster on your system, enter a parallel universe where this problem doesn't exist.

Note: Suggestions may increase in outlandisheness.

*TinyTiger40
    Any reasons why it's stucked??

About different settings, even with changing all the graphics stuff, it didn't change the problem.

Do you think it would fix the problem with a windows bootcamp partition?? ( i mean, same computer, but would it solve the fps issues? )

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTiger40 View Post
    Any reasons why it's stucked??
    The original q3a for the mac is that way. As to why I have no idea. It carried over into QL though, even though ioquake and others have it fixed.

About different settings, even with changing all the graphics stuff, it didn't change the problem.
    Yikes, r_enablePostProcess 0 at least should make a huge difference. What resolution are you running at?

Do you think it would fix the problem with a windows bootcamp partition?? ( i mean, same computer, but would it solve the fps issues? )
    That would be sure to help tremendously. What sort of hardware are you running? Like CPU/Video card?

*TinyTiger40
    Not sure about the resolution, but the max i guess ( 1900x smthing i guess ).

I got a 3,06Ghz Intel core 13 and ATI radeon HD 256Mb.

Quote Originally Posted by TinyTiger40 View Post
    Not sure about the resolution, but the max i guess ( 1900x smthing i guess ).

I got a 3,06Ghz Intel core 13 and ATI radeon HD 256Mb.
    ATI radeon which one? There's a gazillion models.

1920x1200 or 1920x1080 (which one do you have?) is a pretty high res, and I'd hate to say it but resolution is a huge factor in performance.

+ Reply to Thread