+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Texas servers are very laggy

Junior Member tyrae1 is on a distinguished road

Texas servers are very laggy

i don't normally post but its getting to a point where friends from Texas are playing Chicago servers due to lag. I currently have a PRO account but if things continue this way i will not be purchasing PRO again thank you.

the texas servers are dying we need to get this issue fixed.

bump need a reply....

Junior Member Zereck is on a distinguished road
    I agree. I posted Something similar. http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...ly-is-not-good

Member Elvis is on a distinguished road
    I used to be able to play in multiple servers and TX was one of my best with a ping around 35ms. Now its 100ms if I'm lucky! I am located in FL and have a 50/25 Mbps Fiber connection that is amazing for EVERY other game I play. Now the best I can get is about 45-50 in VA or DC. Trace routes confirm the issue is on the server side because the hold ups are post backbone 7 to 10 hops out.

Can someone explain why TX ping trippled?

Junior Member MidnightHeart is on a distinguished road MidnightHeart's Avatar
    I have to agree with this. Something needs to be done. I also posted a detailed message here http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...l=1#post254647.

Thanks for taking time to read our posts. We could really use some help.

~Sincerely midnightheart.
    Last edited by MidnightHeart; 02-26-2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Forgot a period.

Junior Member GreyBush is on a distinguished road
    Not only is my ping 10 pts higher than it used to be, but most are triple that since the problem began. You can certainly tell that the servers themselves are beyond laggy. Viewing from my very recent computer build with all the latest hardware 10x's (100x's?) what this game needs, and perfect cable internet, (I AM the cable guy for COMCAST) My still -somewhat low ping shows shots hit that are ridiculously way off the target, representing what looks like a 60-70 ping. Extremely upsetting. As a paying member forever now, and one that attends Quake Con every year, I'm appalled that one of the worst/laggyest server is in ID's Home town!? in-excusable. Please stop paying bottom dollar for a Chinese kid to host servers on hid home computer. That is how it feels to all members anyway, whatever the real issue is on your end.

Thx.

BTW, I've notice a LOT less activity since these server problems started. Please stop killing this fantastic game. Please.
    Last edited by GreyBush; 02-26-2013 at 07:43 PM.

Senior Member Sheleft is on a distinguished road
    The problem as you have described will be blamed on routing. Or your computer/ connection.
    TX has always had problems for me and has been worse in the last few months. My theory being that players from east coast with their lag playing against players from the west coast and their lag combine to make a warpy mess of a game and the server. Add to that, players using timenudge to over compensate for an intentional warpy netcode and it gets worse. Say what you want, but when a player can input a command that makes me see him in one spot while he fires from another then that's an issue, despite what its intended isolated purpose is. There are underlying issues that act in conjunction with server lag to create a huge problem.
    Of course this is just my 'theory' because Warpy LPB's with good clean ping or playing through a muddy, delayed game... or players who cause my ping to spike... is all just in my head apparently. Its "impossible", these things "cannot happen" each and every game.

blah I hate sounding like a cry baby all the time with this but its really quite maddening to try and pinpoint a problem and fix it. I'm told it's my computer, my connection, my routing.. etc. Get a better ISP, get a better computer, update drivers, update software, uninstall half of windows, disable everything that isn't quakelive, take your cpu out, take it to dinner, give it a rub down, coat it in gold and then resolder it back. Try this command or that one, or one of the 7,000 other ones that might do something.
    There is literally so many variables involved that its a 4 hour process just to play a game for 20 mins when all I want is to see players who are where they appear to be without skipping frames as they move.
    Then.. after I've done all that (my cpu is partial to sushi btw) and there's still no improvement. I post to relieve some frustration, only to get responses from good, knowledgeable people trying to help amounting to 'pfft you are an idiot cause what you describe is not possible. It's obviously on your end.'
    It's enough to make me wanna scream. Or rather, post long winded posts crying about it.
    QL: Any problem that can be blamed on your system/connection... will be.

"Yo Soy Fiesta!"-- Gronk

Member Elvis is on a distinguished road
    Its NOT impossible at all because BF3 hosts games with 64 players in the same damn cities that QL has servers and for some reason (horrible hosting) QL servers run laggy and with high latency and the same location (with better servers and hosting and 6 times more players) run very smoothly with a ping one third that of the QL... There is an obvious solution, spend more money on better hosting! The only way this will happen is if they let people host their own servers or we all just walk away with our subscription money. Whats worse is we are paying every year for this game! For the kind of money that is getting shelled out iD could easily provide better service but probably won't unless this entire community makes a big stink about it.

i ping 20 in quake 2, those servers are in Dallas and lag is not present. Tastyspleen is a great community that i would go back to in a heart beat.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Just because the servers are the same location doesn't mean they have the same hosting. (or more importantly, pay the same for hosting)

+ Reply to Thread