+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [HELP!] quakelive.com web won't load on Win8 x64 Pro

Junior Member rAfitiiixxx is on a distinguished road

Question [HELP!] quakelive.com web won't load on Win8 x64 Pro

Hi all,

I recently installed Windows 8 x64 Pro in my new PC, installed Firefox 18.0.2 (stable). Installed QuakeLiveNP_520.msi and after that QuakeLive files download was supposed to start, but it never did. After a while i got bored and did a refresh of the web page. Turns out i allways get stucked at this screen:

http://ompldr.org/vaGl6bw/quakelivewontload.png

It could have something to do that i have been playing with the properties of the C:\Users\Myuser\AppData\ Properties? i've been trying to move that folder to D:\ location without success, After modifying some data, ModernUI apps wouldn't work, so i put it back the way it was working properly. Now it's not hidden and it's on read-only mode. I know that in windows all the data stored from QL is downloaded there, so that might be it, i was able to play once on this computer. Still, it could be something else, since everything else works, but i need to test every option.

Can someone tell me what properties should be default for the folders/directories that matter for QL? that way i could check if everything is allright. Problem is that i can't download any data

If this is not the case, then i will leave some system info:
    Windows 8 x64 Pro
    Firefox 18.0.2
    nvidia driver: 314.07-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql

any other information you need please ask me.

Thanks!

Member xll38 is on a distinguished road xll38's Avatar
    and you have ofc tried another browser?

yes ofc. Tried Google Chrome and IE.
    Chrome has the same problem and IE tells me that another session is being used and i have to reload the web page, just to find me in the same spot, with the same warning.
    Tried QLPrism too. Same as FF.
    Tried Quake Live in my Fedora 18 x64 and worked from scratch.

Thanks in advance.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Probably the same old thing bugging many users of Vista and 7 - you need to run the browser with "Run as Administrator".

Or you can just play with Fedora like a boss!

*applev
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    you need to run the browser with "Run as Administrator".
    This is misinformation, the game works fine without that.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by anvi View Post
    This is misinformation, the game works fine without that.
    Does it work on _all_ systems now? When was it fixed? Link?

Probably the same old thing bugging many users of Vista and 7 - you need to run the browser with "Run as Administrator".

Wish i could, right now my /home is busted, i've to reinstall but i'm too busy right now with other stuff. Hope soon i will be able.

Also in fedora 18, drivers of my Logitech g400 don't work and so i'm stucked with a max polling rate of 500Hz, which isn't enough, i need 1000Hz to properly play quakelive, if not my mouse skips a bit. Also there is an option in the drivers for Windows that allows you to fix acceleration and makes the mouse to move really smooth. Can't have that on fedora, drivers suck there because Logitech is too cheap to make proper drivers for their mice in a 2% user-base OS. -.-

You can just run the Fedora kernel with usbhid.mousepoll=1 added to grub command line to get 1000 Hz, right? Or does the mouse need a firmware upload from the drivers or something like that?

What about the Windows problem? Have you tried running the browser "as administrator"?

*applev
    Does it work on _all_ systems now? When was it fixed? Link?
    I can confirm it works on Windows 7 and Windows 8. You got me there, I don't know about earlier versions.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar

They just needed to run the installer as admin if they didnt have the correct windows settings
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

+ Reply to Thread