+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - Domination

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    It took me about 30 seconds of spectacting a game to figure this out. Jeez, give a guy a break for not assuming we're all mental midgets.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by CPTcman View Post
    It took me about 30 seconds of spectacting a game to figure this out. Jeez, give a guy a break for not assuming we're all mental midgets.
    Good for you... and yes, if anything sponge is assuming we are all mental midgets, otherwise he'd make the description better..

Senior Member Turbulence is on a distinguished road Turbulence's Avatar
    Better than CAx10 !
    Thawing Friends in Q3 iFT since 2002

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    http://www.quakelive.com/#!guide/guide_4 says:
    Every few seconds, the score is increased by how many flags the team owns. Score 150 points to win.
    That's a great explanation, short and clear and covering almost everything.

But I can't find the number of seconds anywhere "official".

There's SaM's default of "5" for "point score rate" but it doesn't say what's the unit. If anything, I'd think it's 5 score points per minute or something (similar to "bit rate" which is bits per x, "sampling rate" which is samples per x, "birth rate" etc. etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    Hey Sponge, I can't believe you totally failed at describing your game's points system...
    It's explained very clear, just the "few seconds" is vague. But...

Quote Originally Posted by CPTcman View Post
    It took me about 30 seconds of spectacting a game to figure this out.

Member RUCH3DiON is on a distinguished road RUCH3DiON's Avatar
    nice nice
    Quien Me iba A Decir
    RUCH3DiDON
    Youtube GentLy2Quake

Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    http://www.quakelive.com/#!guide/guide_4 says:

That's a great explanation, short and clear and covering almost everything.

But I can't find the number of seconds anywhere "official".

There's SaM's default of "5" for "point score rate" but it doesn't say what's the unit. If anything, I'd think it's 5 score points per minute or something (similar to "bit rate" which is bits per x, "sampling rate" which is samples per x, "birth rate" etc. etc.)

It's explained very clear, just the "few seconds" is vague. But...
    I took a little "Rockvey" (Rockville and survey in one word), and it seems that the majority don't know how it works, which must be due to these subpar explanations of the gametype

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar
    I took a little "Rockvey" (Rockville and survey in one word), and it seems that the majority don't know how it works, which must be due to these subpar explanations of the gametype
    The explanation is sufficient, brief, and anybody who has played any other shooter in the past few years is generally aware of how Domination works. We can't say our experiences with these forums and support requests the past year at all validate your informal survey. There are also (brief) instructions in the pause menu, and in the guide.

Nobody wants to be assaulted with paragraphs of explanatory text that they don't want to read, and I think you greatly overstate the effects our little news blurb actually has.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    If people can't figure out how to play Domination then they really should open their eyes. It's pretty self-explanatory, and even if they're confused, just take about 5 seconds and look at what your teammates are doing and it should become painfully obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    The explanation is sufficient, brief, and anybody who has played any other shooter in the past few years is generally aware of how Domination works. We can't say our experiences with these forums and support requests the past year at all validate your informal survey. There are also (brief) instructions in the pause menu, and in the guide.

Nobody wants to be assaulted with paragraphs of explanatory text that they don't want to read, and I think you greatly overstate the effects our little news blurb actually has.
    I do that a lot;

Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    Any chance of putting it in a server (for NA) other then Texas every time?

I can see why it's chosen since it's best for east and west coast to play in one server, but maybe you can put it east coast once, then west coast next time?

+ Reply to Thread