+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sampler Matches Updated - Domination

Web Programmer sponge will become famous soon enough sponge will become famous soon enough sponge's Avatar

Sampler Matches Updated - Domination

The sampler matches have been switched up again and we are now running Domination on Deep Inside.

Domination pits two teams vying to capture control points scattered around the arena. Players spawn with all weapons near a control point that they own, or randomly around the arena if none are owned. Capture a point by standing nearby, and then defend it from incoming attackers attempting to do the same.

As always, the Sampler servers are available in limited capacity, so look for matches named "Domination Sampler" and enjoy!

Junior Member dSaster is on a distinguished road
    Freeze tag was cooler

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dSaster View Post
    Freeze tag was cooler
    I see what you did there...

Junior Member Crashik is on a distinguished road
    yes, Freeze tag is much nicer

Junior Member theonlyRUM is on a distinguished road
    freeztag NZ ... the best

*Shof
    serisoly put FT back. This game is the most popular.

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Omg guys... facepalm.. these one post accounts don't even know what the samplers are.

Junior Member Fropster is on a distinguished road
    Good map choice with big teams.

Re the points system, don't know if there is anything on the in-game menu but the default iirc is 1 point per 5 seconds per controlled area.

Quote Originally Posted by Fropster View Post
    Good map choice with big teams.

Re the points system, don't know if there is anything on the in-game menu but the default iirc is 1 point per 5 seconds per controlled area.
    I figured that out on my own one fine day... It is too bad that a certain software company that goes by the name ID can't make the 1pt/5sec/1area more clear.... LOL nobody even knows where the points are coming from..

Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    Capture a point by standing nearby, and then defend it from incoming attackers attempting to do the same.
    Hey Sponge, I can't believe you totally failed at describing your game's points system... Even I know, and I didn't have anything to do with making the game, that capturing an area doesn't give you a point until the 5 second iteration... It's a description like this that effectively kills your gametype, because people don't know how to get points, which is what matters isn't it... If I could edit this post, I would probably do a better job explaining how it works.... So not only didn't you mention that a point is given every five seconds for each spot a team controls, but with all the omissions you proceed to explain the part that you didn't omit WRONG.. I'm not trying to be rude to you, but seriously, how can you make a description like this...

OK I just realized that you didn't mean score a point but capture a point, but still, how can you not tell us how to gain POINTS... Like scoreboard points.... and call them areas, because this can lead to confusion about scoreboard points and capture points....

all I can say to all this is WAY TO GO!!! Nobody knows how to get points for their team.... All they know how to do is capture the areas...
    Last edited by RockvilleRideOn; 02-22-2013 at 02:30 PM.

+ Reply to Thread