+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Paris Server Decommissioned; Rotterdam and Buenos Aires Added

Senior Member Asuka_ is on a distinguished road Asuka_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I think he meant 20 or 40 more than the normal.
    Have to know what his normal ping was, there was a guy who mentioned he had 12 as his normal ping lol, +20 and +40 of that still would be good ping.
    Last edited by Asuka_; 02-26-2013 at 01:34 AM.
    Quake Live
    Asuka
    My Youtube

Junior Member Jeezy is on a distinguished road
    We need a server in turkey, because some Turks have +80 ping on all europe servers.

TURKEY TURKEY TURKEY

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Asuka_ View Post
    Have to know what his normal ping was, there was a guy who mentioned he had 12 as his normal ping lol, +20 and +40 of that still would be good ping.
    Yeah, I know. People that complain about their ping going from 40 to 60 are a joke. It's literally impossible to tell the difference between them other than if you're looking for some placebo effect. If the numbers both said 0ms then they'd have no issue with it. (Even if the pings were 40-60)
    Quote Originally Posted by TotalkaC View Post
    I didn't pay for a game with a ping about 80ms.
    But ID just doesn't care and doesn't try to really solve this (Rotterdam, LOL), so I won't renew - I stopped the automatic renewal this day btw.

The rest is noise.
    Do you really not get that it's not id's choice? The server provider they were using decommissioned the server. That means it's not available any more. They can't just magically use a server that's not there.

Nobody cares if you stopped the automatic renewal; it has nothing to do with the conversation other than to explain that you're pathetic because you can't handle playing a game with lag and have to mention it to everyone in order to make yourself seem special.

Junior Member woOry is on a distinguished road
    I did get a PRO account since we can to spawn server in my country, in France, to play with my friends with the lowest ping possible.

I'm sad to see our national servers gone because with my crappy adsl, I went from 30ms to 55/65ms unstable at best in Germany.

I really hope you consider getting another host in France and get us back these french servers or I'm afraid I won't renew my PRO account next year.

Please listen to your customers.

Quote Originally Posted by woOry View Post
    I did get a PRO account since we can to spawn server in my country, in France, to play with my friends with the lowest ping possible.

I'm sad to see our national servers gone because with my crappy adsl, I went from 30ms to 55/65ms unstable at best in Germany.

I really hope you consider getting another host in France and get us back these french servers or I'm afraid I won't renew my PRO account next year.

Please listen to your customers.
    55/65 ping is nothing to complain about. When you're well over 80 ping *then* you can complain. 55/65 is fine as long as your connection is stable (Which it should be).

Member daw00d is an unknown quantity at this point
    I get 100+ ms everywhere other than Paris where i get 80ms.

And pikaluva13 whats your problem with us trying to get Paris servers back? I'm sure there are more server providers in Paris. This doesn't even concern you.

Quote Originally Posted by daw00d View Post
    I get 100+ ms everywhere other than Paris where i get 80ms.

And pikaluva13 whats your problem with us trying to get Paris servers back? I'm sure there are more server providers in Paris. This doesn't even concern you.
    The specific server provider that Quake Live is using does not have a server in the area. If they had found a server provider in the area that was cost-effective, then they probably would have used it. There's no point in complaining about the servers changing when it's completely out of your control.

Unless you plan on donating a server, then it's just complaining. If you did have a server to provide, then you could contact support@quakelive.com. That's all there is to it.

Junior Member gurvan is on a distinguished road
    There's no point in complaining about the servers changing when it's completely out of your control.
    Actually, it's the only case when you can't do anything but complain. When you've got some control over an issue, you don't complain, you fix it.

About the ping issue, you HPB must understand something. When you play a game @12ms with friends, it's more like playing on LAN than on the internet. Most of us played with this ping for years, we're used to it. Suddenly having to play @40ms or more is a different game, it's probably still enjoyable but not when you're used to LAN.
    Some of you may have played quake world back in the 90s @ 350ms ? It was fun, could you play it today, used to 60ms like you are ? Probably not...

Id does not want to make the effort to host servers in France, Ok. That's just a big regression, a bad signal sent to the community. At least in France, QL is going down. Which is the next country with a "too much expensive" server host in the list ?
    Last edited by gurvan; 02-26-2013 at 02:09 PM.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    ^While those are good arguments 40ms is not the end of the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Junior Member un4x is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by gurvan View Post
    There's no point in complaining about the servers changing when it's completely out of your control.
    Actually, it's the only case when you can't do anything but complain. When you've got some control over an issue, you don't complain, you fix it.

About the ping issue, you HPB must understand something. When you play a game @12ms with friends, it's more like playing on LAN than on the internet. Most of us played with this ping for years, we're used to it. Suddenly having to play @40ms or more is a different game, it's probably still enjoyable but not when you're used to LAN.
    Some of you may have played quake world back in the 90s @ 350ms ? It was fun, could you play it today, used to 60ms like you are ? Probably not...

Id does not want to make the effort to host servers in France, Ok. That's just a big regression, a bad signal sent to the community. At least in France, QL is going down. Which is the next country with a "too much expensive" server host in the list ?
    Yep. You are right. Unfortunate to consider that ID is taking down certain servers. They say that they have been decommissioned. That is their say... It is an easy way to put it avoid us putting the fault on ID.

Either way, it's not exactly a good signal sent to the community. We pay our membership to support ID in the great job that they do on a regular basis to keep the community alive. Quake3 revived into Quake Live is what it is today thanks to ID. We know this, and we support ID through memberships which we will continue to pay because we love this game. However, it remains uncool to know that ID is capable of putting down strategic location servers. The more servers there are, the better latencies we can find and the larger variety of players we can captivate...

I ping 35 in DE so I won't complain. But taking down any server is not a good sign sent to a supportive community. I hope this is a temporary measure.

We trust that ID will resolve this issue and compensate with other servers, and perhaps restore another server in France in the near future.

+ Reply to Thread