+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: larger cliffside

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    People asked for the Crossing's for years, and when they got them they hardly played them. It's the same with Use and Abuse; they got it and I hardly ever see people play it.
    in europe its heavily in use, lucky us over here i guess due to the more active players on ctf.

while it was in the free mappool people played it like crazy as well. if they add future crossings you might think the same however over here in europe these maps get some heavy duties.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    in europe its heavily in use, lucky us over here i guess due to the more active players on ctf.

while it was in the free mappool people played it like crazy as well. if they add future crossings you might think the same however over here in europe these maps get some heavy duties.
    In comparison to other maps that is. They do get played, but not as much as would be expected from how much people were begging for them.

Senior Member filo is on a distinguished road filo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Personally I don't understand why they're bothing making new maps. It's generally obvious that the maps are only played initially and then tend to die down. People asked for the Crossing's for years, and when they got them they hardly played them. It's the same with Use and Abuse; they got it and I hardly ever see people play it. (Usually it's because "ERMAGERD IT'S NOT THE SAME")

In my opinion they should work on optimization and a website redevelopment that makes the site work faster, but with more features. (Maybe a ladder, extended stats for subscribers, etc)

... yeah site needs some visual cluter cleaning and friends modul needs loving ie. ability to re-sort online friends list. But they dont have to stop making maps for that... just scheduled dev time.

... wouldnt it be awesome if they could make like a redesign of the page, but talking with the community about what functionality should appear where and laying down ground rules and structure considering the loading times, bandwith consumption and such. That would be a neat project also very though and time consuming, but neat. Clearly they are up fot it. :P

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by filo View Post
    ... yeah site needs some visual cluter cleaning and friends modul needs loving ie. ability to re-sort online friends list. But they dont have to stop making maps for that... just scheduled dev time.

... wouldnt it be awesome if they could make like a redesign of the page, but talking with the community about what functionality should appear where and laying down ground rules and structure considering the loading times, bandwith consumption and such. That would be a neat project also very though and time consuming, but neat. Clearly they are up fot it. :P
    Yeah, I never said they had the time to do it -- I just said it'd be what I'd rather have.

+ Reply to Thread