+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I almost always die the most?

*dylstew

I almost always die the most?

On a FreeForAll, Almost always when I play this game , I die the most on the server. Even when I'm winning , when I'm first place, I always have the most deaths. a while ago I did a few matchers where it FINALLY didnt happen, so now it may like like my KD is pretty normal but then after not playing a while ,and then playing again, it happens AGAIN. why do I die so much? it seems like people are always targeting me, or that I keep spawning next to the guy that just got quad damage. it doesn't even feel like I can do anything about it, most deaths feel cheap. It's pretty hard to find a weapon before somone else finds you! , please give me some advice on surviving.
    Also: When I strafe jump I always run into walls. How do you turn while strafe jumping?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    It's really hard to tell without seeing how you play. Can you provide a demo or preferably make a video out of it and host it on youtube for us to see?

Senior Member intheway will become famous soon enough intheway's Avatar
    Happens to me as well sometimes. On some nights I seem to have horrible spawn luck and can die like 8-10 times in about 90 seconds without ever touching a weapon. Other nights not so. Also, I used to chase a lot which is not the best plan for a good k/d ratio. And when spawning, try to get a weapon BEFORE engaging anybody in a fight. Spawn, turn and run away if you have to untill you get a weapon. When you have a decent weapon, try to find a fight that is already ongoing so you can easily pick off the weakened players.
    Sometimes I wonder...
    "Why is that frisbee getting bigger?"
    Then it hits me.

*dylstew
    yeah, I found out about that awhile ago(running for a weapon), at the time I had a whole day of lucky matches where I didnt die a lot at all( it's why my K/D is actually not terrible anymore). at first I was extremely bad at the game, but now I got better at least, but I still die way too much. also, it always says ''skill matched'' but sometimes I'm totally owning, and sometimes I'm pretty much the worst player!, why is the gap between the same skill level so high? What also helped was putting my weapon switch keys on Mwheelup, mwheeldown, R WQA ZxC instead of 1 trough 9 and walking with esdf. sorry, I can't record and stuff I'm having problems with my harddrive

Senior Member Fireztorm is on a distinguished road
    Keep playing with MG only for a while and when you feel you are confident with it you'll have a much easier time in FFAs at least and it will also improve your LG aim which is very nice

im using Q=rail, E=RL, F=MG, 1=Gaunt, SPACE=SG, X=GL, MWHEELUP=LG, MWHEELDOWN=PG, WASD movement tho
    Last edited by Fireztorm; 02-17-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Senior Member quakestreme is on a distinguished road
    It doesn't matter that you die the most, that happens me sometimes also.

If you're viewing it as a possible symptom of a bigger problem then good luck to you. If you view it as an end in itself (such as many people do with accuracy), then I have no sympathy for you because it's not the objective of the game. To concentrate on something like that because it means you're not trying your best, which I consider unethical (some laziness or experimental play aside).
    Last edited by quakestreme; 02-17-2013 at 03:39 PM.
    Aways ensure you are maintaining a high FPS rate in QL. Otherwise you can be at a big disadvantage. To find out your current fps rate, use the command: "set cg_drawfps "1"".

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dylstew View Post
    On a FreeForAll, Almost always when I play this game , I die the most on the server. Even when I'm winning , when I'm first place, I always have the most deaths.
    Try to get to positions where the health and armours are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    So long as you get at least 1 kill (in free for all) you are still moving up on the scoreboard, if you do it fast enough (or get more than 1 kill on a life obviously) you'll get up there. Just take your time and grab the closest weapon to you and kill.

I don't play FFA much so I'm not really typing from experience, but from what I have played it is fast paced so you just need to get frags whenever you can. If you do that it doesn't really matter how many times you die.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Haven't seen any demos of your games, but from my experience, this always happen if you are too agressive, trying to get a frag as fast as you can. It's almost always better to hold a little bit to get some weapon and then go into a fight. It doesn't mean to always get RL+LG+armor - this way you will have a great K/D ratio but much less frags, which is the main goal in FFA. A question of balance between stack and fast kills.
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    What the others said. If you're too agressive, you'll keep dying.

Try to focus on staying alive. Try to learn how to realize when you should +back. Keep paying attention on how you get hit, learn the weapon damages and try to even that out fight-by-fight. Hit a rail without getting hit in return for example. Don't focus on winning, focus solely on "not dying".
    If you're very new to the game, a common error might be the feeling that you 'have' to move constantly. You don't. If you move around mindlessly, you put yourself rather at a disadvantage. Learn how to navigate through the map without "getting aggro" by other players. Be the one who sneaks around a fight of other palyers (in FFA) and kills both. That's a matter of timing (not items, but timing agression and movement).

Hope it helps
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

+ Reply to Thread