+ Reply to Thread

Thread: two issues with ini tweaking regarding weapons

*garuskar

two issues with ini tweaking regarding weapons

hi everyone!
    i just figured out that quake live is still alive. good to see.
    therefore i started again and already tweaked my ini to my needs.

there are two problems that concern me, and i can't find a way to fix them by myself:

1) i simply can't turn off autoswitch weapons. if i try so, via the game directly, everytime i restart or join a game, it's again "on".
    i also tried it via my own config file (seta cg_autoswitch to 0, 1 or 2) none of them worked.
    2) i can't bind all weapons like i want them to.
    f.e.: rocket launcher is weapon 5
    i want to bind weapon 5 with key "f"
    key "f" is already in use (i can see it ingame in the options) for weapon 6.
    also if i try to change settings ingame => restart => all the same again.
    how can i bind them via ini-file?

tia

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by garuskar View Post
    i started again and already tweaked my ini to my needs.
    I think you mean .cfg, QL doesn't pay attention to .ini files.

1) i simply can't turn off autoswitch weapons. if i try so, via the game directly, everytime i restart or join a game, it's again "on".
    Do you have an autoexec.cfg present in your home/baseq3 folder? If so, settings will not auto-save. In order to save when an autoexec is present, you must do \writeconfig autoexec

Another reason settings wouldn't save is if you made the cfg files read-only.

i also tried it via my own config file (seta cg_autoswitch to 0, 1 or 2) none of them worked.
    autoswitch is off by default. One thing you might try is backing up your configs, and then resetting to defaults via the website (game settings --> reset defaults). See if your settings behave better after that.

2) i can't bind all weapons like i want them to.
    f.e.: rocket launcher is weapon 5
    i want to bind weapon 5 with key "f"
    key "f" is already in use (i can see it ingame in the options) for weapon 6.
    also if i try to change settings ingame => restart => all the same again.
    how can i bind them via ini-file?
    bind [key] "weapon x"

..so for example:

bind f "weapon 5"

Some information on this is in a guide I made here: http://www.regurge.at/ql/Lorfa/

+ Reply to Thread