+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Roccat Mice?

Roccat Mice?

Has anyone had experience with Roccat mice, namely the Lua?

After a new mouse to replace the currently dying one (variable sensitivity, sometimes it momentarily stops moving all together for 1/10th of a second, baaaaaad for instagib in general)

******** to Razer and Steel Series, not saying they are bad mice but spending that much on a mouse doesn't seem in the spirit of the Quake (Any of the guys who played Quake and QII will know what I mean when many of us had systems that barely ran the game, we all played on dial-up, computers only came in off white and the only mice you could get had a ball and rollers)

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    DFW, TX
    Logitech G400
    Compare with the Lua - Click Here

This is the successor to the MX-518. It costs just $5 USD more than the Lua. (possibly cheaper shipped)
    Has DPI on the fly up to 3600, the Lua is only 2000
    8 buttons versus the 3 on the Lua.

No reason to put yourself at a disadvantage for the sake of what was.
    Last edited by theMolester; 02-17-2013 at 03:57 AM.
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    I'm excited about a Razer Mamba waiting for me at home...

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by epinema View Post
    ******** to Razer and Steel Series,
    Wmo, IE 3.0, Razer Abyssus are cheap/good.

SS kana is mid-price and is ok.

Zowie AM and new Zowie FK are sorta expensive but everyone seems to like them.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    Unless you're willing to wait for the Ninox Aurora (which so far has been delayed over and over) I'd go with a Zowie mouse.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    Russia, Moscow
    Abyssus is nice for its price, if u don't need buttons under thumb. It's the only reason I am looking for a replacement.
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Banned AutoMatiK is an unknown quantity at this point
    Cyborg Rat 7. fun and looks freakin awesome.

Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    DPI doesn't really matter Molester. Cyborg Rat 7 is expensive. You don't need the best mice for Quake. IMO you don't even need buttons on the mouse.

You need 2 buttons, jump and shoot lol

Went out and got a Logitech G400, nice and ergonomic like, good for those of us with a relaxed grip playing style.

Still curious about the Lua but the mean salesman at the store wouldn't let me have a look at one inside the box to check the grip. Looking at the ones it may have been a bit narrow to keep a relaxed grip (ironically every other Roccat mouse had a transparent box except the Lua)

+ Reply to Thread