+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Invalidating certain map votes

Member XpArTy is on a distinguished road

Invalidating certain map votes

This is not a whine-fest regarding the map voting system which is in place, I have nothing against that.

However, what has gotten my blood boiling, are players who vote for maps in public games only to leave shortly after voting (most often while STILL in the post-match vote screen) and players who vote in duel, even if they are not next in the queue for the next game. My point being, these players should not influence what the next map is going to be if they are not even going to play it.

It's most infuriating when some dingus who is going to spec votes for a map you don't want to play, you vote for the one you do and the other player who will participate in the match abstains from voting altogether; the votes end up being 1-1, and the map chosen is the spectator's choice.

At the very least, I'd go for this being fixed. Revoking the dropout votes would be a great addition, but the dueling issue definitely needs to be fixed, in my opinion. At least in public matches where it appears the majority of the player base don't have a clue.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 02-21-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Senior Member Shelby is on a distinguished road
    Since i dont play duel i hadnt really considered it, but specs voting there when they arent even going to play does seem pretty silly.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    For duels I do agree. It should only have the players playing in the next round that can vote. However, when I spectate games I usually vote with the majority.

Member XpArTy is on a distinguished road
    Any opinion on dropout voters? Since they won't be playing, should their votes count towards the total? If they drop out once the map is loaded, it's absolutely fine, no big deal there, but what are your opinions on the voters that drop out still during the voting period?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XpArTy View Post
    Any opinion on dropout voters? Since they won't be playing, should their votes count towards the total? If they drop out once the map is loaded, it's absolutely fine, no big deal there, but what are your opinions on the voters that drop out still during the voting period?
    They should remove the votes if they leave, similar to how Call of Duty works. If they're not in there, then they shouldn't be able to influence the vote at all.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    Dropout voters should definitely have their votes revoked. Spectators should be allowed to vote in game modes other than Duel, though, since they can be expected to join the game at some point.

+ Reply to Thread