+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Get me out of t4!

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KaasMan View Post
    I don't believe this. This would mean that you can stay in tier3 forever as long as you just quit every match
    believe it or not, thats why some people never get out of tier 4 and ruin games saying they shouldn't be in tier4, because precisely looking at majkifajki's last match where he quit he would've been dragged back down to t3.

logic and brains are something i wish more people on these forums had.

also, if it wouldnt be as i said, and a quit (which also adds a loss) does affect your rating, i could just go and quit 10 games now and be tier3 ... think about what you believe before you comment thoughtlessly.
    Last edited by danstar; 02-12-2013 at 02:03 PM. Reason: ~

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KaasMan View Post
    I don't believe this. This would mean that you can stay in tier3 forever as long as you just quit every match.
    Ontopic though: If you want to stay tier3, you can put a handicap that will keep you in there.

Nahh, Just play when you're drunk.. You won't care about this thread..
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    Nahh, Just play when you're drunk.. You won't care about this thread..
    back in beta i remember with 5 tiers.. played drunk with mates on a server, and when i woke up i was 2 tiers lower x)

however, drunk styles can also be in your favor, no joke! makes you unpredictable to a new level.

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    OF COURSE. IM STONED ALWAYS!
    And you know that my ways are waaay to unpredictable.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

man the harpy's!

Senior Member Lolzy will become famous soon enough Lolzy's Avatar
    I will, one day. Where are you? It seems that you decided not to be friends anymore.
    (cries)
    Anyway, what Swampy says is 100% true. You should play stoned and you will drop to Tier -1 where it takes 15 minutes for the launched rocket to hit the target, and the Quad actually ADDS HP to your target.
    Q * ]Q[* Q]|[A * QL
    ...and still playing!
    JOIN THE DRUNK CLAN!
    Remember, if you happen to join our clan, you can be drunk during each and every match in QL and GET AWAY WITH IT.
    http://qldrunkclan.proboards.com/

lets C H I L L !
    Visit and ask Doc for your medication.
    http://qlchill.proboards.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    In ql the other weapons started to shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by HabeebDaPro View Post
    anywas hope rocket lawnchairs r neffed, becuz they mak me mad n get iolet so no noob can spam nd win like idot

Senior Member KaasMan is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    also, if it wouldnt be as i said, and a quit (which also adds a loss) does affect your rating, i could just go and quit 10 games now and be tier3 ... think about what you believe before you comment thoughtlessly.
    You are thinking about this from the other side as that I'm thinking.
    You're thinking about people 'stuck' in tier 4 because of quitting.
    I am thinking about pros staying in tier 3 by abusing this quitting.

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    If you do well, the estimation of your skill increases. If you do bad, it decreases. It will balance itself with time. And maybe you're just too strong for T3 already.
    I disagree with the "balance itself with time" part of your post Flash; I actually gave up on CA since I kept bouncing back from T3 to T4 - I'm either T3 or I'm T4. The fact the game couldn't figure out where I belong between June and August got me fed up and I just stopped playing altogether for a few months lol.

The tier system in general seems to be a failure to me; as far as I can tell there are 3 levels of play in a gametype:

1) arena gods - you know these players within moments of a game starting; they're swarming around single-handedly picking apart your team in some cases

2) arena veterans - players who have played a while, know the ropes, but never truly ascended to greatness (but enough of a threat to torment a beginner level player)

3) hey, I'm new here - straight forward enough I suppose.

All I'm trying to say is with the current setup; if you're stuck as a "tweener" who is good enough to get bumped up constantly to a higher tier but not quite strong enough to stay there the game can become highly frustrating. :~)

I'd be curious to see how things would play out if the tiers were temporarily taken offline and see what sort of feedback comes to the message board. There would be obvious pros and cons expected. Still, curious..
    Last edited by infntnub; 02-12-2013 at 02:36 PM.
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.instalounge.co.nr/

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    I was recently promoted to T4 in FFA, and suffer the same beatings, but as said above, I think things will level out over time; you'll either become a true T4 player or drop back down. As a side note, is there anything wrong with starting a new profile to start over? I only recently got back into Quake, and all my online play has been restricted to one or two games a week on public wi-fi since I'm currently at work on a cruise ship. I feel a bit handicapped, but then again, I guess things will work themselves out once I get home and increase the sample size for ranking. For example, I'm only rated T2 for CA, but when my connection is decent I can waste T2 players.

-Cheers

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by infntnub View Post

All I'm trying to say is with the current setup; if you're stuck as a "tweener" who is good enough to get bumped up constantly to a higher tier but not quite strong enough to stay there the game can become highly frustrating. :~)
    Oh, and if you could go ahead and never use the term "Tweener" on this forum again...that would be greeeaaattt.

+ Reply to Thread