+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Show hit direction

*AlTec

Thumbs up Show hit direction

When i get hit, I have no way of knowing from which direction.

This could be very usefull in alone-with-sniper situations aka when I get hit by rail from some who hides.

Sound, wall-marks and hit-shake are allready implemented, but not excatly enough to determine from where.

So - implement som kind of hit-o-meter (lol) like a optional compass.

It is player information that should be available.. because it would goddam hurt in real life

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    While this could be helpful for players, I don't think they'd have the time available to work on it.

Senior Member infntnub is on a distinguished road infntnub's Avatar
    Sound and marks have been enough for years; don't expect a change in this regard. In some instances you can tweak settings to assist as well; railtrailtime being one that many find useful when trying to trace back locations of snipers.
    Quake 3 1.16n Noghost iFreezetag

-UE- .o2o. -g0d- n[2]p foq -end- *pWp* oBs H$ iD aM q3p {DR} *MS* uTk dT |c*|

Great Memories That Will Last A Lifetime :~)

http://www.instalounge.co.nr/

*AlTec
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    While this could be helpful for players, I don't think they'd have the time available to work on it.
    time ? - this sections is for suggestions, so they must have some time available

*AlTec
    Quote Originally Posted by infntnub View Post
    Sound and marks have been enough for years; don't expect a change in this regard. In some instances you can tweak settings to assist as well; railtrailtime being one that many find useful when trying to trace back locations of snipers.
    I don't suggest change in exsisting, but something that should be very close to accompany those features because it could be described as a missing part

Quote Originally Posted by AlTec View Post
    time ? - this sections is for suggestions, so they must have some time available
    "They" referring to id. There's only 2 devs, and there's probably more important things that they could be working on.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    There's this thing called rail trail, which is enabled by default.

Use headphones as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlTec View Post
    When i get hit, I have no way of knowing from which direction.
    cg_screendamage is on by default and provides some degree of direction information.

Really if they had a very directional screen damage image ala Half-Life I would probably still turn it off. 95% of the time I know where I'm being hit from and in the times that I don't I was probably being rushed by 4 players in a ca game or w/e and was a goner anyways.

Senior Member vurun is on a distinguished road vurun's Avatar
    F2.
    Learn to listen and look around. The point of ambush (with SG for example) - shoot and cover while your opponent needs some extra second to realize where did that come from.
    I've seen that kind of info in some CoD or smth... it's ********.
    VG278HE@144Hz + EC2evo + Manticor + Lycosa+ SS Siberia v2

QL doesn't need more tiers, it needs more players (С)

Quote Originally Posted by vurun View Post
    F2.
    Learn to listen and look around. The point of ambush (with SG for example) - shoot and cover while your opponent needs some extra second to realize where did that come from.
    I've seen that kind of info in some CoD or smth... it's ********.
    It's helpful in CoD because if they have a silencer you're rarely able to hear where it came from. In QL every weapon is clearly audible.

+ Reply to Thread