+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are T4 players wimps?

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road

Thumbs down Are T4 players wimps?

I play QL for some time now. I'm decent t3 player now, I'm around ~60 points in skill meter on screen. nothing too fancy. I always play on "green" servers. I spend my time on happy gameplay. CTF only. I play on def and take a lot of fun being "smart" defender

And in the evening, when I join green servers, I see skill 100+ in the corner of the screen. Players who are on the arena are more skilled, they kick my tush more hard. But it's still fun, I learn new tricks from them, it's more interesting for me, as a def player to see more sneaky and smarter attackers.

And sometimes, usually after shuffle or two, game is one sided. Like one team leads 5:0. And what happens? MASS RAGE QUITS.

Seriously, when I play with less skilled players, commonly insulted as "nubz" they don't do it. They play till map is over.

So why players with old accounts, higher skill quit so fast? It's childish and very annoying.

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    I generally observe the opposite. It seems more likely to me that the people who straddle the line between tiers are more prone to quitting. Generally when I play on skillrating 600+ servers it takes several games for someone to quit. In skillrating 200 or less you sometimes see half the server leaving however.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I generally observe the opposite.
    you play ca, and the op is about ctf.

as for the rant itself.. deal with it, you know its like going from middle-school to high-school.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    I observe the opposite as well. It is even more obvious when the server is unrestricted. Just think about the Silent Night servers... when you look at the stats of these matches you see more quitters than players remaining at the end of the match (I'll admit that there are other factors though).

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    I observe the opposite as well. It is even more obvious when the server is unrestricted. Just think about the Silent Night servers... when you look at the stats of these matches you see more quitters than players remaining at the end of the match (I'll admit that there are other factors though).
    Yeah, I also generally see people quitting because "the other players are hacking" (Read as "not tier 1 players").

Tier 3 players generally would quit as soon as a known tier 4 player came on because they're too scared to actually play decent players.

+ Reply to Thread