+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not my tier even though it's my tier

Senior Member 3Nex is on a distinguished road 3Nex's Avatar

Not my tier even though it's my tier

Dunno if this was reported already (didn't find it), but it happened to me for the first time today.

I had a friend in a Duel on a server that said Skill matched when i clicked to preview. But when i tried to join, i got an error message saying user skill tier is not permitted by the server.

Or is this not a bug, but just some extra conditions i'm not aware of? If that's the case, it should somehow be noted in the preview that i'm not allowed to join for whatever reason. The error message was kind of ambiguous as well because i'm not sure if my skill is too low or too high.
    Why are there no videos of John Carmack playing Quake?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Don't worry about tiers and duel because they aren't usually accurate. If you cant get into the server and you want to duel a friend, spawning an unrestricted one is probably the best option.

They are aware that it's screwed up though.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Simply put :
    Duel servers have a tier but are not displayed as gray/green/yellow/red according to it. I believe what's used is the difference between your skillrating and the skillrating of the best player in that server. So yes, you can find servers that are of a tier too low for you still appearing green.

Senior Member MarkusArailias is on a distinguished road
    if john carmack did play quakelive what do you suppose his tag would be?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkusArailias View Post
    if john carmack did play quakelive what do you suppose his tag would be?
    Either johnc or a complete alias.

+ Reply to Thread