+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Game feels broken - help is needed.

Senior Member NEPHIREM is on a distinguished road NEPHIREM's Avatar
    Well, I'm here to report that fixing my latency didn't fix ql behaviour. Still same weird things going on.... Oh well.

offtopic: Anywhere I could listen to your music, botz?

Senior Member GoBotz is on a distinguished road GoBotz's Avatar
    Nah.. I don't have any finished work :P

Senior Member NEPHIREM is on a distinguished road NEPHIREM's Avatar
    Played a few games tonight and observed game behaviour. Maybe it depends on the server, but it was obvious how game struggled to keep up with all the ongoing action when the server was full. People warping all over the place, sluggish feeling, low acc, constant corrections of players position... Broken state.

Next game 4 people disconnected - server finally becomes responsive. My acc was somewhere between 60 - 65.. Then, new people connect and join the battle. Server goes sluggish again and some people start to warp - I struggle to keep my acc above 40 by being more picky with the shots, but that costed me time and I almost lost it at the end. Oh well.

Oh, and during that "broken" state something strange happened. First time I see this.... I fired the rail and got the frag, but the game didn't draw my railbeam on screen. Hm..

Senior Member c3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    I've isolated DPC Latency spikes caused by the Intel(R) 82579V Gigabit Network driver. Problem is there are no later versions of it that I can get that fixes it and I kinda need it to have an internet connection.

Problem persists with Microsoft Security Essentials' RTP disabled, so that's not it.

EDIT: Further testing and googling reveals that the problem is with Malwarebytes' malicious website blocking... Disabled that. Now the highest spikes are at 400us every minute or so. 50us average when using my soundcard, 10us when no sound is playing.
    Cat:

Why don't you just roll back to a previous driver for your network adapter? The latest driver isn't always the best. If you're unable to do that, just pick up a pci-e network adapter for less than $30 bones.

As for your DPC spikes, is your system IDLE when it's spiking or under some kind of load? If your system is IDLE when it's spiking, you're likely dealing with a driver issue, unfavorable BIOS setting, attached device, or window's background service.

Senior Member Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat has a spectacular aura about Cat's Avatar
    As I said, I already isolated the source of the spikes. It was MBAM malicious website blocker.

Quote Originally Posted by NEPHIREM View Post
    I'm back. After some tests I found the culprit to be Realtek Ethernet adapter driver. I manually downloaded the newest version from their site, result is this:

http://i47.tinypic.com/rtdyjn.jpg

Didn't test it in-game yet, but many thanks for help you provided, c3.
    Glad to hear you resolved that issue at least. I'm still a bit curious about your BIOS settings and whether you turned 'ALL C-State' power settings off. These settings really mess up Q-Live's responsiveness because of the added input lag.

If you can, post your BIOS settings as well and maybe we can troubleshoot even further to resolve your issue.

Also, that sluggish feeling can also be attributed to your 'Video Card Settings.' If you're running an Nvidia video card, open up your video control panel, click on 3d settings, and change your pre-rendered frames to 1 (default is 3). If you're running an AMD/ATI card, you have to download 'RadeonPro' to change your 'Flip-Queue' settings. Change your flip-queue to 1 (default 3). Flip-queue is the same as pre-rendered frames, just goes under a different name w/ AMD. This settings decides how many frames ahead your video card renders before you see it on the screen. For many people, leaving it at default causes a lot of 'responsiveness' issues.

*ARMED
    "pre-rendered frames" take only on directX games effect, quake uses opengl sooo it doesnt matter.

so anyone have solved this issue? i mean it doenst affect only NEPHRHIM there are many others.

maybe some of the the officials can bring light in here.

please help id

tags: John Carmack hello, Rocket science, if u read this john please join the quake dev team ql never did surpass alpha stage. mayday

Quote Originally Posted by ARMED View Post
    "pre-rendered frames" take only on directX games effect, quake uses opengl sooo it doesnt matter.

so anyone have solved this issue? i mean it doenst affect only NEPHRHIM there are many others.

maybe some of the the officials can bring light in here.

please help id

tags: John Carmack hello, Rocket science, if u read this john please join the quake dev team ql never did surpass alpha stage. mayday
    This has been discussed about a million times on countless threads, and this is incorrect.

Pre-rendered frames / Flip-Queue does impact open-gl games, such as Quake Live. Countless tests have been performed concluding this, feel free to google away. I've come to the same conclusion as well.

+ Reply to Thread