+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Timenudge/settings to make the game perform better

*ajstyles8

Timenudge/settings to make the game perform better

Hi guys I have been experimenting with time nudge, I have been using -20 and sometimes it seems like my rail shots do not register, most servers I would say I have around 80 ping or so the very best ping I can get on few servers is around 70-75, what should I have my time nudge set as? Also are there anymore settings/commands that could help out?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    rate 25000
    cl_maxPackets 125

As for timenudge I have it off for the rail and LG. If i'm >70 ms I sometimes use cl_autoTimeNudge 1 which overrides any value of timenudge and can internally use values lower than -20. It has a lot of side effects, but sometimes my overall aim is better with it.

Member Or1on is on a distinguished road
    If 70 or 75 were the lowest pings available I might reconsider playing. Playing with higher than 60 it's all down hill for me. Plasma becomes useless, rockets are unreliable and lightning accuracy drops by 5 or 10 percent. That being said, I've had solid performances even at 100 ping, so don't give up. I think rail should be your best friend in these conditions. I generally reserve the use of cl_autotimenudge for 80 ping and higher. Until this point I can't justify the choppiness of it. I suggest giving cl_timenudge -10 or -20 a try to see which one you like more. -20 has more prediction and will not be as smooth. You might also want to experiment with cg_projectilenudge. You should be able to dodge rockets easier, which is pretty important in high latency environments.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Yeah like or1on mentioned, it might be placebo but try cg_projectilenudge 80 as well.

+ Reply to Thread