+ Reply to Thread

Thread: cant start a practice game

*detect

cant start a practice game

hi,
    i just installed quake live.
    i wanted to practice a little against bots before playing online.
    5 hours ago it worked pretty well, i was able to open a practice game.
    but now every try ends up with the "quit"-screen ... (there is a screen showing the quake live sign and i can only click on "quit", then hes asking me "do you want to quit?" so i have to click "yes")
    hope you know what i mean.

any ideas?

peace!

edit: i guess i posted this in the wrong forum right? player support would fit better.
    i just considered that i can join online games without any problems.
    Last edited by detect; 02-10-2013 at 11:14 AM.

Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    I also would want to know the answer. This happens to me too.

Junior Member Astem is on a distinguished road
    It's because you don't have the map downloaded. You can either join an online game that is playing that map or download it from the internet.

*fonsxe
    http://cdn.quakelive.com/assets/2011...3/aerowalk.pk3

Mapnames:
    aerowalk almostlost arenagate asylum basesiege battleforged beyondreality blackcathedral bloodlust bloodrun brimstoneabbey campercrossings campgrounds cannedheat chemicalreaction cliffside cobaltstation coldcathode coldwar concretepalace corrosion courtyard deepinside demonkeep devilish diesirae dismemberment distantscreams doubleimpact dreadfulplace dredwerkz duelingkeeps electrichead eviscerated evolution eyetoeye falloutbunker fatalinstinct finnegans fluorescent focalpoint foolishlegacy forgotten furiousheights gothicrage grimdungeons hearth hektik hellsgate hellsgateredux heroskeep hiddenfortress houseofdecay industrialaccident infinity innersanctums intervention ironworks japanesecastles jumpwerkz leftbehind leviathan limbus longestyard lostworld namelessplace overkill overlord phrantic powerstation provinggrounds purgatory quarantine realmofsteelrats rebound reflux retribution revolver sacellum scornforge seamsandbolts shiningforces siberia silence sinister silentfright skyward solid somewhatdamaged sorrow spacecamp spacechamber spacectf spidercrossings spillway stonekeep stronghold terminalheights terminatria terminus theedge theatreofpain threestory thunderstruck tornado toxicity trinity troubledwaters useandabuse verticalvengeance vortexportal warehouse wargrounds wicked windowpain windsongkeep

*Zax_
    This happens to me as well. But it happens on the practice maps that the game shows I can play. Shouldn't they be predownloaded with the game? After I download a map where do I install it?

*MAIL3R
    Do these need to me moved into the plug in as well?

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Astem View Post
    It's because you don't have the map downloaded. You can either join an online game that is playing that map or download it from the internet.
    This is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by fonsxe View Post
    This is also correct. Just change the "aerowalk" from the link to the other map names as needed. However, you can also gets the paks through it by using "pak00" and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zax_ View Post
    This happens to me as well. But it happens on the practice maps that the game shows I can play. Shouldn't they be predownloaded with the game? After I download a map where do I install it?
    Unfortunately it was removed to only downloading every map for the Subscribers as it cuts down on bandwidth usage. However, this was back when maps were specifically able to be a Subscriber map. Now it's a bit more annoying as each month this problem will reoccur when the rotation changes. You install the maps at AppData\LocalLow\id Software\quakelive\baseq3 if you're on Windows. The others I don't know specifically since I don't have them to look for the exact location.
    Quote Originally Posted by MAIL3R View Post
    Do these need to me moved into the plug in as well?
    Same answer as the reply to the Zax_'s quote.

+ Reply to Thread