+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Quake live university?

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    There is competitive CA. Just not for money. Generally pros go to where the money's at (as implied by the word "professional").

It's also why most pros play games like Starcraft 2 rather than QL, since games need a big viewership for big money to be involved.

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Makes sense. It's just that I've heard a lot of trash talked about CA around here...to me it's a much more just game, as everyone starts on a level playing field and your success is determined by teamwork and aim, rather than quad damage and red armor. Am I missing something? Or is it just a difference in playing styles/preferences?

Senior Member Cat will become famous soon enough Cat will become famous soon enough Cat's Avatar
    I play CA because I find Duel to be too stressful, TDM to have a too high an entry barrier (since almost nobody plays public, only pickup, and I just end up ruining it for my team when I play with people at that level) and CTF and FFA to be too boring. I also love flying around the map, which is why I almost exclusively play PQL these days. You should play what's the most fun for you. And since I think it's very fun to win as well I do what I can to become more skilled at PQL. Aim is the most straight-forward thing to practice, so that's what I try to do mostly.

For the record, if you wanna get into the heavily competitive TDM, play FFA until you can time at least two non-Quad items at once. In TDM you need to time one armor (or mega health) and one weapon (30s respawn time) to be able to hang with the pickup guys. Otherwise you'll be running around with nothing but a machine gun all day. I'll probably be doing this eventually. School kinda got in the way.

Member ANDRAS is an unknown quantity at this point ANDRAS's Avatar
    oh man id be the no1 swat. Surely no one wants it more than me. Sad i know but its almost an obsession. I have had help off mike68, mucky man and 10v3 but mike has more important things to do and 10v3 has disappeared. I cant for the life of me understand these different cfg files so i think i need to give any fancy stuff (zfire etc)i wide swerve and make do with the basic settings,hudds etc its ok for youngsters or people who have been brought up on gaming but for the oldies like me are new to this world its quite intimidating.

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    [QUOTE=Cat;252487]I play CA because I find Duel to be too stressful

-I love watching duel, but will wait till I'm back home with a hardline to try my hand at it. I only recently re-discovered this game after many years, and have been confined to public wi-fi while in port once a week (I work on boats), so I'm a bit handicapped at the moment.

Thanks for all your input, hope to see you on the battlefield soon

-Cheers

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDRAS View Post
    oh man id be the no1 swat. Surely no one wants it more than me. Sad i know but its almost an obsession. I have had help off mike68, mucky man and 10v3 but mike has more important things to do and 10v3 has disappeared. I cant for the life of me understand these different cfg files so i think i need to give any fancy stuff (zfire etc)i wide swerve and make do with the basic settings,hudds etc its ok for youngsters or people who have been brought up on gaming but for the oldies like me are new to this world its quite intimidating.
    You worry too much. Don't stress about the configging stuff just yet, that can come later. Just keep playing, work on your movement and aim and it will all gradually come together. You're already noticeably stronger in your duels (don't I just know it *shakes fist at Andras*).

Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    Does anyone think this Quake Live University is possible?

Senior Member MarkusArailias is on a distinguished road
    it would be a prison and you wouldnt get out until you learned it.. lol , just kidding

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    I don't know. I've tried to teach countless players throughout the years and I've found that players are very stubborn.

The people who learn are players who are already learning, and you can make their job much easier but they would have got there anyways albeit slower.

Senior Member MarkusArailias is on a distinguished road
    anyone remember sharktank?

+ Reply to Thread