+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Here's a suggestion ...

*SgtSquishy

Here's a suggestion ...

Stop recruiting new players to load your broken crap ...

It's beyond pathetic that you have dedicated so much effort to a fantastic and
    legendary game, only to leave clients flat.

I can safely say after 3 month's of failed strategy's to run the game that
    your are promoting a broken bloody mess that simply needs to be shut down
    and redone.

With any free to play game the most basic strategy is to provide a quality
    experience that will inspire players to go the next step and buy various
    products that will enhance the game.

In the interest of offering constructive advice, perhap's those responsible for
    promoting the game should open a few anonymous accounts and try to replicate
    the new player experience so that the many obstacles encountered can be dealt
    with and eliminated.

That way maybe Quake Live will be able to uphold the legendary status of the
    original series and possibly begin to provide the quality of game play that will
    inspire growth and improvement for all involved.

Thanks for letting me rant ...
    :-)

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtSquishy View Post
    perhap's those responsible for
    promoting the game
    I don't think anyone ever had that job.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Dear Squishy,

Quitting each game you enter after 15-30 seconds is not going to put you in appropriate skill tier (you're still not fully ranked in any mode!) Nor is it going to help you improve.

This is Quake. If you're a type that gives up quickly, maybe this is not the game for you. But I promise you, if you stick around and try to learn the game, you'll have the type of fun that is not available in any F2P game where you can buy "enhancements" ;)

Or are there other obstacles than too good opponents in the first games and overall lack of new players? I can find only one other thread of yours, so maybe I can't see the whole picture? Tell us about it.

Senior Member CPTcman is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    Dear Squishy,

Quitting each game you enter after 15-30 seconds is not going to put you in appropriate skill tier (you're still not fully ranked in any mode!) Nor is it going to help you improve.

This is Quake. If you're a type that gives up quickly, maybe this is not the game for you. But I promise you, if you stick around and try to learn the game, you'll have the type of fun that is not available in any F2P game where you can buy "enhancements"

Or are there other obstacles than too good opponents in the first games and overall lack of new players? I can find only one other thread of yours, so maybe I can't see the whole picture? Tell us about it.
    -Well said. This game is tough, and thus extremely rewarding for those who stick with it. As a player who has only recently rediscovered the game after a 10 year hiatus, I've had to go through my own adjustment period. I can now honestly say I've completely given up on the likes of CoD and will never look back.

If you're looking for a game that's easy to excel at, by all means go elsewhere. I for one am thankful that this legendary game is now free, that it is continually improved, that our input is solicited and seriously considered, and I am more than happy to contribute a small fee for Pro status that will hopefully help the community in the long run.

Have you browsed through the forums? Read the many guides and watched the numerous instructional videos? Spectated tier 4 players? You can learn quite a bit this way. I sincerely hope that you stick with us and discover the joy and satisfaction that this game can bring.

-Cheers

*SgtSquishy
    Ok,
    Doubtful this will help but ...
    First thing after clicking game link ...
    " Click Here If The Page Fails To Load For You "
    GOTCHA !!! CLICK !!!
    " Tech Support Page "
    POINTLESS !!!
    Let's check if anyone responded to forum post ...
    Mindless rambling about leaving games etc.
    NOT APPLICABLE - HAVE PLAYED MANY MANY MISMATCHED ROUNDS >>>
    Let's try the homepage link ...
    Ah good here's a game list ...
    27 servers down the list we find skill matched games appropriate for myself ...
    0 Players ... GOTCHA !!!
    All Righty Let's Try A Practice Round ...
    Random Pick Free For All !
    " Yay, it's going to work !!! "
    Click
    Click
    Click
    Nothing Happens When I Click The Start Button ...
    Hmmm
    Broke !!!
    Oh Well Maybe Tomorrow ...
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 02-20-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    why is it that 12yo are attracted to f2p games?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member eduguy is an unknown quantity at this point
    Ok,
    Doubtful this will help but ...
    GOTCHA !!! CLICK !!!
    " Tech Support Page "
    POINTLESS !!!
    Let's check if anyone responded to forum post ...
    NOT APPLICABLE - HAVE PLAYED MANY MANY MISMATCHED ROUNDS >>>
    Ah good here's a game list ...
    27 servers down the list we find skill matched games appropriate for myself ...
    0 Players ... GOTCHA !!!
    All Righty Let's Try A Practice Round ...
    Random Pick Free For All !
    " Yay, it's going to work !!! "
    Click
    Click
    Click
    Hmmm
    Broke !!!
    Oh Well Maybe Tomorrow ...
    There are not many new players in Quake. Your tech problems migt be from your computer.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 02-20-2013 at 03:11 PM.

Junior Member Zyteck is on a distinguished road
    First of all Download QLprism (run the game directly from there , more stat , and no 15 sec waiting for joining match) . Secondly Quake at start is a rude beast with new one . This is not the kind of game that you play twice and that's it ( if that was the case i'll be playing something different x) . Everyone get's powned at start but than you realise what an incredible game quake is , with all its trick and secret . Strafe jump , rump jump ,plasma trick , rocket trick , air rocket ecc..... To get inspired look for some fragmovie and defragmovie of quake you'll get a bone for sure 8) .

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyteck View Post
    First of all Download QLprism (run the game directly from there , more stat , and no 15 sec waiting for joining match) . Secondly Quake at start is a rude beast with new one . This is not the kind of game that you play twice and that's it ( if that was the case i'll be playing something different x) . Everyone get's powned at start but than you realise what an incredible game quake is , with all its trick and secret . Strafe jump , rump jump ,plasma trick , rocket trick , air rocket ecc..... To get inspired look for some fragmovie and defragmovie of quake you'll get a bone for sure 8) .
    I completely disagree. Don't install QLPrism unless you know what you're installing. While QLPrism is a nice tool, it's certainly going to cause more confusion than figuring out an actual solution to the problem.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    (...)
    (...)
    What you described:
    1. The plugin failed to load / initialize / connect to XMPP (usually problem on your side).
    2. You've worked around this by clicking the logo, but the plugin still isn't loaded.
    3. You can use the site, but won't see online friends and games won't work.

If the plugin doesn't load, nothing will work, as simple as that. Probably you need to run the browser as administrator. Or maybe you have firewall problem or whatever - too little information to know for sure. But I can bet the problem is on your side and you can fix it.

Now, I think that the game has to:
    1. Detect the problems affecting many players (like the need of admin rights) and report to the user.
    2. Never let players hanging on screens that tell them to wait infinity. Time out, report problem, give them error message to post on the forum.
    And it's really bad experience for the people affected, when they find out their problem is known for 2 years and still not detected. The solution will be the same as those problems can't be easily fixed, but an error message is a huge help.

However, it's still your responsibility to be civil on the forum and post your problems clearly. People always try to help and common problems are fixed fast.

I thought you're continuing your previous threads which were complaints about skill matching.

But I asked if you have other problems, because you have stated none, until now.

Sorry for that.

NOT APPLICABLE - HAVE PLAYED MANY MANY MISMATCHED ROUNDS
    And you think I haven't? This is Quake, you're usually going to own or get owned! Small skill differences translate into huge score differences. Welcome to our world :)

+ Reply to Thread