+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there really such a thing as a fun clan?

*zzbios

Is there really such a thing as a fun clan?

Don't get upset I'm just asking, my personal opinion is they are few and far between, most are very competitive and at times people seem to be at odds with the players who are not in the upper skill level.

Also if you say your a fun clan and get owned by another clan in a so called fun skirmish or a real match you feel like crap, that is just the way it is imho

I have been in several in the past, my experience wasn't that great to be honest about it.

Face reality if you want to get good and excel join a clan if not play alone and free except in one on one it doesn't matter if your in a clan

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    My clan IS a fun clan.. drunk.. We lose a lot.. but keep playing on. We don't have Tier or skill restrictions.. All are Welcome!

For those that do want more competitive matches we have a sister clan "qrunk"..which you would have to put in more time for (practices, scrims,etc)

We do play fun scrims against other clans and are always looking for players who can just enjoy themselves..

So you have a choice of fun "drunk" or competitive "qrunk"
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Senior Member Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa has a spectacular aura about Lorfa's Avatar
    There are lots of "for fun" clans. I'm surprised to hear you say they are few and far between.

Senior Member dji1 is on a distinguished road
    i would say yes there are plenty of great people and great teams . if you play for fun you wont have any problems.
    its actually the best way to learn.
    just got back from a t4 game and as usual ppl insult you even if you dont talt to them. you get 0 respect .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvf7PUx1mY0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zFZ32ZWj2I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlWZluzBNxM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjZA0cyPnA0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUzi832Me2U

Senior Member DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible has a spectacular aura about DocPossible's Avatar
    Chill (see my sig) and drunk are the ultimate fun clans Drop by our irc channel for a natter. We've got regular (srs ) duel competitions organised by 24, irregular Saturday custom server nonsense, Freeze Tag most nights of the week and more lolcatz than anyone else.
    Like to play more Freeze Tag ? Join Clan Chill. We play Freeze Tag most evenings, 7:30pm UK time onwards, with a smattering of TDM, CTF and a regular duel cup. Check our website. IRC : #clanchill on quakenet

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    For North America :
    We at P4F play iFT pretty much every night. Lately we've been having scrims with tGA (another fun clan) every Friday evening in a lot of different modes. P4F is a pretty closed club though. We only accept those we've played with enough and decided they are nice players. I'm sure you can find other examples out there.

*zzbios
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorfa View Post
    There are lots of "for fun" clans. I'm surprised to hear you say they are few and far between.

No there's not really, everyone wants to own or be good at the game it's not fun losing unless your completely without self ego, and that is rare

Doh lost again I suck oh well duhhh

Senior Member jayP is on a distinguished road jayP's Avatar
    Often times it just depends on the people your playing with, as long as your playing with people you get along with and you're at a similar skill level chances are you'll have a good time. You just need to find the right mix. That said, clans are often full of politics and egos, I've been in a few that where cool, but most of the time clans are a drag
    Last edited by jayP; 02-09-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Junior Member M1NdChArGeR is on a distinguished road
    riot best clan around

*zzbios
    A clan could and should be the most fun type situation for a individual in a FPS game, one you wear your tag with pride, and two you know you got skills that help the group.

Just as in life you make choices and many jump into things before taking everything into consideration, Quake is the best clan type game situation ever better than unreal ever was, I can't think of a game that's for a individual player to develop skill, or to realize they suck at playing, it brings out the best or worst in you, playing or attitude/

The mighty bios has spoken *cough* :]

A clan is in the future for me but I want to choose well

+ Reply to Thread