+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a couple questions

Junior Member waY2Kool is on a distinguished road

a couple questions

everything works great, except that it doesnt seem to want to remember my mouse and keyboard settings. am i doing something wrong? how to i make these settings stick when i go back & play next time? it's kind of random tho - sometimes it remembers, sometimes it doesnt.

also, all my opponents look like green tank. boring. how do i make them appear as the model & skin they've chosen?

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waY2Kool View Post
    everything works great, except that it doesnt seem to want to remember my mouse and keyboard settings. am i doing something wrong? how to i make these settings stick when i go back & play next time? it's kind of random tho - sometimes it remembers, sometimes it doesnt.
    It should. If it doesn't one way to force things is that when you have it set up how you like it:

\writeconfig autoexec

in the console.

However this makes it so that changes to your settings won't save in the future unless you do the same.

also, all my opponents look like green tank. boring. how do i make them appear as the model & skin they've chosen?
    http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...en-keel%29-fix

excellent, thanks

are you saying that any time i make a settings change in the future i'll have to type \writeconfig autoexec to make the new changes stick?

*zzbios

It did that to me when I first started a few weeks back. then all of a sudden the keyboard and other settings took and stayed, the only difference I could see was that I started playing in Google chrome and I did nothing else.

It was frustrating and I was glad they finally stayed changed good luck to you, hope someone that knows about this will help you, I would like to hear the reason also

Senior Member NEPHIREM is on a distinguished road NEPHIREM's Avatar
    excellent, thanks

are you saying that any time i make a settings change in the future i'll have to type \writeconfig autoexec to make the new changes stick?
    Yes, that's right.

okay, next question. how do i get my mouse wheel to work?!

i've got a Logitech M310 with the SetPoint software installed.

Senior Member Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa is a jewel in the rough Lorfa's Avatar
    Does it work in windows?

You can bind it manually with the console, for example:

bind mwheelup "dropweapon"
    bind mwheeldown "+button2"
    bind mouse3 "+zoom"

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    excellent, thanks

The best thing would be for you to understand why.

"/writeconfig" is a command used to... write your config to a file. The file's name is decided by the command's argument, the second word. So if you type "/writeconfig potato", it will create a file named potato.cfg and save your settings there. You can apply the settings saved in a file by using the command "/exec". So, to apply what's saved in potato.cfg, you would use "/exec potato.cfg".

There is a special config file that Quake Live will look for and execute by itself without you having to use "/exec" every time you launch QL : autoexec.cfg. If you do "/writeconfig autoexec" as suggested, this file will be created with the settings you have at this time and everytime you'll launch QL, it will override your settings with those in autoexec.cfg. So if you make any change, you'll lose them at the next automatic execution of autoexec.cfg unless you save them in this very file.

Senior Member Adderall will become famous soon enough Adderall's Avatar
    Create a file and name it autoexec.cfg and just have it say exec your.cfg
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?38883-sectionate

Amd 8350 - 4816.08 MHz on air
    Crosshair V
    Asus GTX660 DirectCU

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker12 View Post
    Thank you. You're video is ok... you need a better cfg than that, and you should try using electronic songs like my movie.

great. thanks for the help! this was an issue 10 years ago with the original Q3, wasnt it? i recall having to do this crap before...i think.

anyhoo...yeah, the mouse works perfectly fine in windows but in quake live the wheel is dead. weird. seems like binding the wheel within autoexec may have fixed it

+ Reply to Thread