+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pro sub - server spawning options

Member federal is on a distinguished road federal's Avatar

Pro sub - server spawning options

Well hello there.
    I'm thinking about buying a pro subscription but can't find a list of the server spawning options (frag limit/time limit/quad spawning/stuff like that). Is there a list of available options somewhere? I can't see it on the quakelive homepage and I've tried googling but to no avail.

Senior Member DeeDoubleU will become famous soon enough DeeDoubleU's Avatar
    You can configure server via web interface(don't know where to find a list of options available, but there is a LOT of stuff to mess around with) as for the admin commands(allready, kickban etc) you can find a list here:
    http://poutred.crew.free.fr/sharpe/console3.htm
    Real life? Life is real?!

Senior Member Mike68 will become famous soon enough Mike68's Avatar
    I can't log in at the moment to check, but isn't there a Start a Match demo button on the homepage?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike68 View Post
    I can't log in at the moment to check, but isn't there a Start a Match demo button on the homepage?
    That's exactly what I wanted, cheers! (How did I miss that).

Senior Member swampy will become famous soon enough swampy will become famous soon enough swampy's Avatar
    This list isn't spawning.. but server commands you can do after spawn with a nice script that works from your hud..

Also don't forget about this.. I find it very time saving..

Server Console Menu

For administering your spawned server, you usually need to go to the console for typing commands. This menu lists the most useful commands and you only need to reserve 3 binds to control it.

It is also useful for a standard user as it also lists shuffle and teamsize votes for fast access.

Its short and simple.. You use right arrow to bring up commands.. Left and right Arrow to scroll.. Then down arrow to execute. No need to bring up the console and type.

The script only shows when you use it, then disappears so no clutter on your screen.
    FEATURES:

- Shuffle
    - TSize (=Teamsize)
    - PList (/players command - see below)
    - PAction (=PlayerAction - see below)
    - AllReady
    - Lock (teams)
    - Unlock (teams)
    - Pause
    - Unpause
    - Abort (Game)
    - StopServer

For the PList command you unfortunately may need to switch to the console to see the complete output if holding the chat history key doesn't help because you have more than 6 players on the server.

PAction allows to perform the following actions after selecting the player number: kickban, move into team red/blue/spectator, op, deop.

After selecting an action from a submenu like TeamSize or PlayerAction, you usually land in the main menu again, but there's a shortcut to perform fast actions on multiiple players like moving them in other teams: After you just performed an action on a player, you can press the action key (default: down arrow) to get to the player selection submenu directly and select another player and then an action.

http://www.quakelive.com/forum/showt...r-Console-Menu

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/i...ket/server.jpg

Kudos to ElKrusto for this very fine tool..
    Drunk Clan Motto--- "Have Fun, Everyone is Welcome"
    drunk clan

Stay drunk, Play drunk and chill

Quote Originally Posted by swampy View Post
    Kudos to ElKrusto for this very fine tool..
    Sounds awesome, cheers. Allthough I'd have to change the binds 'cause I use arrows for movement! (Must be the only one these days).

Another thing; what happens when the server host goes into spec/afk - will I get kicked due to inactivity?

Senior Member muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman will become famous soon enough muckyman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by federal View Post

Another thing; what happens when the server host goes into spec/afk - will I get kicked due to inactivity?
    You can do this for as long as you like without getting kicked but if you leave the server and it becomes empty for 15 minutes it will automaticaly shut down.

I used to use the arrow keys for movement on dreamcast quake
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Friedman
    All flying saucers are UFO`s not all UFO`s are flying saucers.

An arrows man at heart eh? People think I'm crazy for still using arrows, but they probably don't remember the time when all fps games were arrows were the default movement binds! Ahhh the good old days

+ Reply to Thread