+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: increasing number of hosters misbehaving......

Junior Member donorhead is on a distinguished road

increasing number of hosters misbehaving......

It seems that since a few months new hosters have a really nasty habit of kicking and banning players depending on their moods.

Sometimes specs get kicked or banned for no reason. (more then enough open slots)
    Sometimes when a player's gameplay is not liked, hoppa: kick / ban.
    No warnings or nothing, also sometimes other specs dont get kicked / banned.....???

Funny enough these new hosters have a tendency to really nag other players, harass them, insult them, and then of course kick and ban them.

In 12+ years of Q3 and QL I have never seen this.
    I have seen many players really misbehave but not hosters.....

Recently I posted a complaint here about el-krusto, now I get kicked and banned at HD Broodeeck because the hoster doesnt like my gameplay. What the hell.....?

Is this the direction QL is heading for, Noobish hosters that harass, insult, kick / ban random players because they need to get rid of daily frustrations ?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    This is a suggestion forum. What is your suggestion?

By the way, if you believe there was clear abuse such as harassment, insults or stat-padding by a server owner, you should report it (with one or several demos) : support@quakelive.com

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Yeah, don't join <*Rome/church-related first word*_*Name beginning with the last letter of my username*>'s server either. They'll kick you for absolutely dominating the server and will claim you're slumming. Then, when you prove it via Facebook they'll cuss you out.

(I didn't post any player's names lol)

Senior Member MexicanPadre is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    *Name beginning with the last letter of my username*
    I didn't realize the number 3 was a letter.

Senior Member whodares is on a distinguished road
    3 is a number, my guess its start with a

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    i think that you'd get kicked off my server too by default, just for making threads like these.

dont forget that you went on full-on idiot mode several times and from what i've gathered, even since quake 3 team arena.

Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    i think that you'd get kicked off my server too by default, just for making threads like these.

dont forget that you went on full-on idiot mode several times and from what i've gathered, even since quake 3 team arena.
    That would be a miracle since I never played Q3 team arena, just Q3 and QL.
    So think again......
    Been accused of many things that are impossible, gets better every year.
    Some idiot told me 2 weeks ago, that he knew me playing Q3 under my nick (donorhead) from 10 years ago.
    That was hilarious too since this nick is only 5 years old.

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donorhead View Post
    Recently I posted a complaint here about el-krusto, now I get kicked and banned at HD Broodeeck because the hoster doesnt like my gameplay. What the hell.....?
    See? For starters, you don't post complaints over such unimportant issue on the forum.

Also, he can actually ban you without any reason at all. And he's not even obliged to tell you any. You just suck it up and join another server. I've never witnessed server owners kicking people "for fun" or smth. But I've seen countless annoying players being kicked and then they complain just like you.

The thing is, nobody cares. You're not forced to play on player controlled servers. If you dislike their behavior just join a pub server. Or get in contact with them and settle whatever issues you have. This thread, here, is not doing any good.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

Quote Originally Posted by malk_ View Post
    See? For starters, you don't post complaints over such unimportant issue on the forum.

Also, he can actually ban you without any reason at all. And he's not even obliged to tell you any. You just suck it up and join another server. I've never witnessed server owners kicking people "for fun" or smth. But I've seen countless annoying players being kicked and then they complain just like you.

The thing is, nobody cares. You're not forced to play on player controlled servers. If you dislike their behavior just join a pub server. Or get in contact with them and settle whatever issues you have. This thread, here, is not doing any good.
    I've never witnessed server owners kicking people "for fun" or smth.
    That's exactly why I post this new behaviour here, get it ?

But I've seen countless annoying players being kicked and then they complain just like you.
    Assumption and suggestion, never seen that b4 in Q3 land, LOL.

As a 13+ year player of Q3 / QL, just maybe, I might notice something new........

Senior Member malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_ will become famous soon enough malk_'s Avatar
    Assumption? No.
    "I worked hard to learn to aim where I shouldn't be aiming, I want others to get through this pain too!"
    o . o . o . o

+ Reply to Thread