+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Run Slow on Win 8 !

*Narexon

Run Slow on Win 8 !

Please guys help me, i can't play! I used windows 7 and it worked perfectly, now I have installed windows 8 on the same PC and does not work, it go in slow motion!
    I have installed all the update by using windows update app, in fact all the game on fb and other site of flash games works...

[I'm italian, sorry for bad english]

Senior Member AXxXxO is on a distinguished road AXxXxO's Avatar
    ql and win8=fail and i doubt it will work and 90% of software's doesn't work with win 8 so...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downlink View Post
    Add A Killcam Maybe?
    Only available for COD MW3 owners!Coming soon i next update....

Senior Member woeste is on a distinguished road woeste's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AXxXxO View Post
    ql and win8=fail and i doubt it will work and 90% of software's doesn't work with win 8 so...
    So now is the time to collectively ditch windows 8 and start trying linux. Or just stick with win7 for the time being and wait for windows 9. (90% is kinda harsh imo, but still)

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Unfortunately for you, Windows 8 is currently not supported (To my knowledge). Someone will probably have to edit the FAQ to change "Windows XP and later" to "Windows XP, Vista, and 7" (Rather, they *should*).

I'd recommend updating your drivers though if they're not up-to-date.
    Last edited by pikaluva13; 02-06-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Senior Member YourDead is on a distinguished road
    Best rule of thumb I've used over the years.

If it ain't broke why fix it?

New OS's tend to break software compatibility.
    Usually it takes several months for most software vendors to issue patches.
    Some may never patch it at all, you roll the dice.

So unless I see it say "works with windows X..." I stay away from it.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Narexon View Post
    I have installed windows 8 on the same PC and does not work, it go in slow motion!
    Surely a driver issue. The update replaced good drivers with some restricted drivers distributed by Microsoft. Get proper drivers from your GPU manufacturer.

all the game on fb and other site of flash games works...
    Quake Live is not a Flash game. It's native code requiring OpenGL support from drivers. That's surely what is missing in your system if you have drivers from Windows Update.

Quote Originally Posted by AXxXxO View Post
    ql and win8=fail and i doubt it will work
    QL works just fine in Windows 8.

Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    Unfortunately for you, Windows 8 is currently not supported (To my knowledge).
    Any new Windows version is supported, as long as you have hardware accelerated OpenGL support in there.

The thing that isn't (and can't be) supported is the Metro mode of browsers, because that doesn't allow plugins. Quake Live needs a plugin, so it needs a normal desktop browser, that's the only other requirement.

*Narexon
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    Surely a driver issue. The update replaced good drivers with some restricted drivers distributed by Microsoft. Get proper drivers from your GPU manufacturer.
    Thanks... So where can i get this drivers? How i can discover my better driver?

edit: i have installed the last driver for my INTEL Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family from the intel website...

It doesn't work howewere.
    Last edited by Narexon; 02-07-2013 at 02:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread