+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: PRO-spawned servers

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I think it's actually a bank rule (Maybe not "bank", but the people that handle it)
    It's not the bank, nor is it the payment processor (Global Collect), crozar actually contacted them too, at least according to him. If he's right, it's some anti-money-laundering protection on id Software's side. They actually have their own limits of how often a card can be used, or something like that.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    yes its the credit-card company who handles it for id, regardless it restricts you to a certain amount, no need to explain why, fact remains that it is like it is.........

Senior Member insect is on a distinguished road insect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    Perhaps you missed my attempt at this.

Virtually every Pro subscriber will agree, but QL overlords will think "we can't give any more for free or we're back to losing money again", so my proposal was intentionally made milder.
    I didn't know that thread, well written. Unfortunately "QL overlords" didn't participate in the discussion even in subscribers forum.

I wanted to add something that you already covered too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lam View Post
    2. Standard players will be fighting for open slots on premium servers, giving them incentive to subscribe (to have their paid slot).
    So id wouldn't lose anything, standard players would still have incentive to buy a subscription. Probably bigger than now - seeing empty servers is not an incentive.

Generally everyone would benefit:
    - pro players would be able to fill their servers easier
    - standard players would have a chance to play different maps, gametypes and other custom settings
    - playerbase would be healthier (consolidated), with a bigger chance to grow and then increase developer revenue.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    You forgot the "can't avoid hackers by playing in Pro servers" (Not that hackers are all that common, but still).

*Ubernation
    Oh wow. Can't believe it's not possible to open a Pro-Server for Non-Pro-Members. I tested running pro maps and it is like already mentioned in this thread - it stays empty. There was a server where I was able to join even without being a Pro Member or being friended to the one who was running the server, but somehow it's gone.

I bought a pro account for another account running on a dedicated server, but well, without having premium maps be availble to non-payming members it's a ghostserver .

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubernation View Post
    Oh wow. Can't believe it's not possible to open a Pro-Server for Non-Pro-Members. I tested running pro maps and it is like already mentioned in this thread - it stays empty. There was a server where I was able to join even without being a Pro Member or being friended to the one who was running the server, but somehow it's gone.

I bought a pro account for another account running on a dedicated server, but well, without having premium maps be availble to non-payming members it's a ghostserver .
    You have to manually invite the Standard players to the server. They can't actually join it without the invites.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    You have to manually invite the Standard players to the server. They can't actually join it without the invites.
    he knows this, yet the current way of gaining peeps isn't anything one could rely on to prosper, it gets repetitive, just like the map rotation after 1-2 weeks.

same old same ...

Junior Member MiniMix is on a distinguished road
    That's nice. I didn't know about that before...

+ Reply to Thread