+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: PRO-spawned servers

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by theMolester View Post
    What about the invites you can set IN 'START A MATCH'. By the same logic, you all are calling that spam, as well, right?

So QuakeLive staff built in something that breaks ToS?
    While that's technically spam, what we are talking about is the most annoying of them all which is automatic spam. Imagine entering the game and receiving 50 messages with invitations, then try to talk with one of them and receive another spamvitation rofl. That's what rockville is actively doing and promoting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theMolester View Post
    One would hope those in that server would disable the script.
    If I need to disable and re-enable it 5 times a day using custom cvar, it's far from the advertised "you don't have to type anything".

Besides, that is all irrelevant.

There's no script or any other work-around that I'm aware of that allows any random standard player to join my premium server.

I can start working towards Rocky's 1427 (!) friends just to get few fun games per week (I don't need more), but that's really not the experience I'm looking for :)

And even if I somehow found so many friends interested in random gametypes, there will always be hundreds more, just sitting there and not even seeing my server. This needs to change if we want to get more premium games, esp. in the premium gametypes which aren't very popular so far.

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    As for the github script, you can bind keys for "/_ql_autoinvite 1" and "/_ql_autoinvite 0".
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

*eugene_
    Hi, guys. After reading this thread I came into a confusion about invites.
    As a pro-subscribed player I can invite up to 5 players into premium server. So script, that RockvilleRideOn suggested for using, invites 5 players that come online and after that script doesn't do anything 'cos it can't invite more. Am I right?

Senior Member whodares is on a distinguished road
    if they were on ur server and leave it opens up an invite, other than that 5 standard users, would take up the invite slots. I think thou if they play somewhere else after invited, they would need reinvited.. . not 100% sure thou might be better to ask on irc quakenet channel #quakelive

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eugene_ View Post
    Hi, guys. After reading this thread I came into a confusion about invites.
    As a pro-subscribed player I can invite up to 5 players into premium server. So script, that RockvilleRideOn suggested for using, invites 5 players that come online and after that script doesn't do anything 'cos it can't invite more. Am I right?
    I believe it invites everyone whenever they log in, regardless of how populated by Standard servers it is.

Picture of me getting an actual invite from him when I logged in Note how the chat disappeared after a few seconds (Well, you can't *see* that, but take my word for it. I didn't mess with it either)

*MMM_2012Welcome
    Hello ! I want to buy 20 50 pro-accounts from you and to open servers worldwide. My post temnikua8@gmail.com

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by MMM_2012Welcome View Post
    Hello ! I want to buy 20 – 50 pro-accounts from you and to open servers worldwide. My post temnikua8@gmail.com
    I lol'ed... Ok, I don't think ID will stop you from spending the money, as long as you pay for every cent of each account. Maybe they will even make an exception on the 2-account rule just for you.

Senior Member danstar will become famous soon enough danstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    I lol'ed... Ok, I don't think ID will stop you from spending the money, as long as you pay for every cent of each account. Maybe they will even make an exception on the 2-account rule just for you.
    if the guy is serious or not doesn't matter, crozar tried exactly this and his card gets blocked every few purchases...

so in fact id does stop you from spending it.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danstar View Post
    if the guy is serious or not doesn't matter, crozar tried exactly this and his card gets blocked every few purchases...

so in fact id does stop you from spending it.
    I think it's actually a bank rule (Maybe not "bank", but the people that handle it)
    I think (Just speculation) that it could look like they're stealing money from somebody because all that's visible to the 'bank' (just the numbers). They don't know that it's a person that wants to give them away, and it's not really something that they can make an exception for.

+ Reply to Thread