+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2013 Standard Rotation

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YourOlympicHer0 View Post
    Why did Cobalt Station (CTF) quietly disappear from the game a few months back?

I think I was the only one who noticed.
    It was imbalanced for one of the teams and therefore was removed from CTF.

Senior Member theMolester is on a distinguished road theMolester's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    The point of having a standard rotation is that standard players play a demo version, a trial. If you want to play the full version therefore tournaments it is required to have a premium/pro account.
    Unfortunately, and I speak for CTF only, there are NOT enough subscribers to keep a premium server populated. PERIOD. Even for very popular PRO-spawned server.

And then there's the frustration of people who do subscribe, but can't get a decent game going. Not only due to the rotation to bad maps, but combined with lack of premium/pro subscribers and many people just don't play.

The idea is that they rotate the maps so people can sample them, and if they want to continue playing on them, they must pay. Of course, if they do pay, they soon find out they can't continue playing on those maps as there aren't enough subscribers to keep a server populated.
    Friend all SPAWN members to receive invites to Premium servers!! Click to learn SpaceCTF

Senior Member RockvilleRideOn is on a distinguished road
    I'm have a way of doing it, even when afk.. check my post about the instant come online invite script... it works wonders...

Junior Member ExtremeHam is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by RockvilleRideOn View Post
    I'm have a way of doing it, even when afk.. check my post about the instant come online invite script... it works wonders...
    Yeah, that always catches my attention. There are so many great premium maps and modes (I love DOM) that rarely get played because of the lack of players. It's really quite sad.

Member YourOlympicHer0 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    It was imbalanced for one of the teams and therefore was removed from CTF.
    Wouldn't it be easy to just mirror the geometry so that there are stairs on both sides?

That seems like an easy fix.

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be easy to just mirror the geometry so that there are stairs on both sides?

Maybe but the map would still suck.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar

It wouldn't be the same map then.
    Quote Originally Posted by FlashSoul View Post
    Maybe but the map would still suck.
    Oh, and that.

Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    NA CTF rarely has any premium pubs, I only see 1-2 a week if that. (Not including pickups)

We all go to the standard games because that's where everyone is, people don't want to pay money to play different maps.

I've had pro for 2 years now, I like to be able to spawn a vanilla server for ctf once in awhile, but lately there really is no point. There usually is only the same 2-4 servers populated.
    Last edited by JDB_; 02-07-2013 at 04:06 AM.

Junior Member edRush is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDRAS View Post
    You all go on as if ctf is a popular mode but as i post this there is 2 servers i can see with people in them. Im interested in playing ctf but its dead
    Really ? Guess you never played leagues

Junior Member Dird is on a distinguished road
    Please give us campercrossings and Industrial Accident (best ctf map) next rotation. And remove all space maps so noobs can learn to move without jumppads, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread