+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: February 2013 Standard Rotation

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dSaster View Post
    Yes, I was a 3 map player.
    Campground for Duel and TDM,
    Hidden for TDM and
    SpaceCTF for .. yea CTF AND I HAD MY FUN with it.
    When I come home I just wonna relax on a round of each, thats all. Nothin else what I wonna do. I do not need to learn new maps. I just wonna do the stuff I like. And now ... I creep around the server browser and choose the best out of three.
    ID has advertising on the ql home page, ingame ads and paying premium and pro members. A larger community would bring maybe more advertising. I do not mind as long it is not too aggressive. But this map restriction is just anoying what ever anyone is saying.
    I personally have no problems with the *map restriction*, because that's not why there's a lack of games. The issue is that they removed the ability to join tier 3 servers as a tier 4 player, and even when that was possible it wasn't entirely simple to get games going. Now it's near-impossible unless you set it up beforehand or play pickups (Which I'm not playing because the people there are generally egotists)
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 02-20-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Junior Member Jaym4n is on a distinguished road
    can we PLEASE KEEP THE BEST MAPS FOR CA IN ROTATION? FOR DUAL switch it up? my reason being is CA promotes more players and those maps allow more scrims to happen for CA and about 8 maps are ALLWAYS selected top for CA ask around it will generate more people wanting to go prem and pro(yes i am a paying customer) to get clans made to scrim than when good want to prem/pro dual. In addition to promoting new players to have fun on the best maps and get good(want to dual or get a clan hence prem/pro), this will not eliminate players ethier. I have 10 friends that quit q3 cause map pool change made them so angry...here are the maps played and favs that will keep this game going. imo CA=>>>Campgrounds, Overkill, trinity, asylum,Quarintine, Almost Lost, Hidden Fortress. Dual=change it up mayb? just a thought. maybe even modify prem/pro all together have 1 membership fee split difference in price. just thought to keep game kickin while keeping ql alive!
    Last edited by Jaym4n; 02-17-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Member YourOlympicHer0 is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    I have over 5000 posts...do you really think I'm going to ignore it? :P

Seeing as it *was* overplayed (in the Standard servers), it gave a much less lower incentive to purchase a subscription. People consciously would think to themselves "I don't need to purchase a subscription, simply because I have these free servers that give me 100% of what I want." The devs *had* to do something about that. Therefore they made a decision, that in my opinion, should have happened as soon as the game went out of beta. It's not that it's a 'bad' choice; it's that they didn't do it at the optimal time.

Other players don't seem to realize that there are other maps in the game, and that just playing a single one over and over and over doesn't make them good at the game; it only makes them able to play that specific map because it's almost autotuned into their brain.

Also, there isn't really a "CA scene". It's more of "This gametype is the easiest to be new and play, so therefore I will play it." You don't really need any skill to play CA. As long as you contribute damage to the enemies you're doing fine. Hypothetically you can stand still and be as helpful as somebody else who actually has played the game for an extended period, as long as they're the focus and you're not.
    I like how you're blaming people for playing the maps they like to play.

ID failed to get their ad-model up and running to subsidize the game being free. That's not our problem.

Everything online is moving to ad-models. Quake Live missed the boat and will die because of it.

Member Holy_Alcoholik is on a distinguished road
    can someone please give a map to terminus
    its keen but i feel lost every time

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YourOlympicHer0 View Post
    I like how you're blaming people for playing the maps they like to play.

ID failed to get their ad-model up and running to subsidize the game being free. That's not our problem.

Everything online is moving to ad-models. Quake Live missed the boat and will die because of it.
    Actually I was 'blaming' them because they were specifically playing the same map over and over, and therefore didn't need to subscribe. They just stayed on the Standard servers, callvoted Campgrounds all the time, and were essentially freeloaders.

According to the last part you said, you seem to think that because id's ad-only source of revenue failed, that therefore they should just die. They had to make tough decisions that are always going to be met with disdain. Some people (Not referring to you) need to just learn to accept that things change when other things fail)

Junior Member blueberrykush is on a distinguished road
    Seriously the FFA map rotation needs work! Trinity not even cycled in 8 months?

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy_Alcoholik View Post
    can someone please give a map to terminus
    its keen but i feel lost every time
    I'm not sure that's the very last version of the map but it's better than nothing :

Member b1_ is on a distinguished road
    FlashSoul or anyone else: please, how could I take this type of map screen? Or are they available anywhere online? Thank you

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    No idea, sorry. I guess you could always noclip out of the map and take a screenshot...

*Shof
    why don't you keep sinister with freeze tag? the best in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread