+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: February 2013 Standard Rotation

*ZenEye
    Please bring back mapvote.

Junior Member Wormie is on a distinguished road
    This map pool rotation is one of the reasons why this game will never grow big. i know you wanna earn some money on ppl paying to play monthly. but either make that mandatory or just release all maps. because getting new ppl to play all these terrible maps wont increase the community and it certainly wont keep the older players around.

So pointless to login and find a match but all the maps are pure crap. atleast there is alternatives to quake now

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Wormie View Post
    atleast there is alternatives to quake now
    Can I ask which one, that has similar gameplay (not slowmo with 1% of the complexity, like cod, halo and tf2) and a decent playerbase (not 10 players like prior quakes or wsw)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul will become famous soon enough FlashSoul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by megaman3 View Post
    Can I ask which one, that has similar gameplay (not slowmo with 1% of the complexity, like cod, halo and tf2) and a decent playerbase (not 10 players like prior quakes or wsw)?
    [sarcasm]But Nexuiz of course![/sarcasm]

Junior Member dSaster is on a distinguished road
    Map rotation sux no matter which maps are included or not. For me as a paying premium member i do not see any advantage to me.
    Premium servers are empty for thos maps and mods I like to play.
    Please ID explain me why I should keep paying? Jsut for removing advertising in front of every server join?

So for real? Does this map rotation brought you more paying players? So why anyoing all with blocking maps for playing?
    Are you saving on server capacitiys by this? Whats the reason? You do not realy care that people playing same map every time again and again. I am willing to pay - maybe just as a donation. But keep this game "free to play" with all content.

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dSaster View Post
    Map rotation sux no matter which maps are included or not. For me as a paying premium member i do not see any advantage to me.
    Premium servers are empty for thos maps and mods I like to play.
    Please ID explain me why I should keep paying? Jsut for removing advertising in front of every server join?

So for real? Does this map rotation brought you more paying players? So why anyoing all with blocking maps for playing?
    Are you saving on server capacitiys by this? Whats the reason? You do not realy care that people playing same map every time again and again. I am willing to pay - maybe just as a donation. But keep this game "free to play" with all content.
    As a paying Premium member you're able to get into any Pro servers as long as they're not invite-only. It seems that your only issue is that you don't have any Pro friends that are spawning servers actively, therefore you're not getting a use from it.

The map rotation was probably set in place to force the players to play something other than Campgrounds, Space CTF, Blood Run, Courtyard 100 times in a row all day. You can still do this in Pro servers currently if you choose to.

If everything goes 100% free to play, the game *will* die. The players would have absolutely no reason to donate other than to support id. Unfortunately, I don't really think that will help them, since they'd lose many other subscribers who are paying for the actual advantages that they get (because they actually see them).

Junior Member NiaB is on a distinguished road
    so what?! people like playing on campgrounds since quake 3 was released. Its the most balanced map for CA and new maps just suck. Devs should be happy they have a forever green map that still attracts old timers. Last month i saw triple amount of active players thanks to Campgrounds. ID is blind and ignorant nowadays... I also had premium before this standard map pool crap but wont buy again still its not changed back. Most of my friends dont even play this game since you force people play on maps you choose. Thats a very sad End to CA scene. I know this post will be ignored as well but at least i feel better now.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 02-20-2013 at 03:14 PM.

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by NiaB View Post
    so what?! people like playing on campgrounds since quake 3 was released. Its the most balanced map for CA and new maps just suck. Devs should be happy they have a forever green map that still attracts old timers. Last month i saw triple amount of active players thanks to Campgrounds. ID is blind and ignorant nowadays... I also had premium before this standard map pool crap but wont buy again still its not changed back. Most of my friends dont even play this game since you force people play on maps you choose. Thats a very sad End to CA scene. I know this post will be ignored as well but at least i feel better now.
    Thing is the game cannot continue even less make profit by having lots of players that don't pay. Also qlranks doesn't lie and says activity remained the exact same.

and lol@ ca scene
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member pikaluva13 will become famous soon enough pikaluva13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NiaB View Post
    I have over 5000 posts...do you really think I'm going to ignore it? :P

Seeing as it *was* overplayed (in the Standard servers), it gave a much less lower incentive to purchase a subscription. People consciously would think to themselves "I don't need to purchase a subscription, simply because I have these free servers that give me 100% of what I want." The devs *had* to do something about that. Therefore they made a decision, that in my opinion, should have happened as soon as the game went out of beta. It's not that it's a 'bad' choice; it's that they didn't do it at the optimal time.

Other players don't seem to realize that there are other maps in the game, and that just playing a single one over and over and over doesn't make them good at the game; it only makes them able to play that specific map because it's almost autotuned into their brain.

Also, there isn't really a "CA scene". It's more of "This gametype is the easiest to be new and play, so therefore I will play it." You don't really need any skill to play CA. As long as you contribute damage to the enemies you're doing fine. Hypothetically you can stand still and be as helpful as somebody else who actually has played the game for an extended period, as long as they're the focus and you're not.

Junior Member dSaster is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    As a paying Premium member you're able to get into any Pro servers as long as they're not invite-only. It seems that your only issue is that you don't have any Pro friends that are spawning servers actively, therefore you're not getting a use from it.

The map rotation was probably set in place to force the players to play something other than Campgrounds, Space CTF, Blood Run, Courtyard 100 times in a row all day. You can still do this in Pro servers currently if you choose to.

If everything goes 100% free to play, the game *will* die. The players would have absolutely no reason to donate other than to support id. Unfortunately, I don't really think that will help them, since they'd lose many other subscribers who are paying for the actual advantages that they get (because they actually see them).
    Yes, I was a 3 map player.
    Campground for Duel and TDM,
    Hidden for TDM and
    SpaceCTF for .. yea CTF AND I HAD MY FUN with it.
    When I come home I just wonna relax on a round of each, thats all. Nothin else what I wonna do. I do not need to learn new maps. I just wonna do the stuff I like. And now ... I creep around the server browser and choose the best out of three.
    ID has advertising on the ql home page, ingame ads and paying premium and pro members. A larger community would bring maybe more advertising. I do not mind as long it is not too aggressive. But this map restriction is just anoying what ever anyone is saying.
    Last edited by Sasparillo; 02-20-2013 at 03:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread