+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: February 2013 Standard Rotation

Junior Member edRush is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by JDB_ View Post
    Why are you using the same maps used in previous rotations when there are other ctf maps that have yet to be in it? Is it completely random?
    Finnegans Gr8 CTF map never played or voted on by people who are scared ( the tier 3 players who now can only play on tier 4 servers )
    Scorforge CTF It was not popular for 10years in quake3 so Not for me No thanks
    Shining Forces CTF Well its an okay map lots of running to red armour
    Siberia CTF is ok too and a hit with alot of other players but not in the circles I talk too
    Its nothing compared with Jan-Feb Rotation been a real pleasure last month .
    They do know what maps are best for CTF the guys at the top dont they ?
    Sorry you CA players and TDM'ers But I wont comment on something I hardly do maybe I spend a month playing TDM ?
    NAaaaa I think ill miss a flag too much
    Dont forget this rotation was brought in so non paying clients can still sample all the different maps I really hope they have got our the wallets/purses wiped the cob webs off and the moths have flown away and they are paying up .ed.

Junior Member Nikolina is on a distinguished road
    Last month was really great: jap castles, spider, stonekeep, infinity... u could make a great touney with that mappool =))
    But now: worst rotation for ctf players ever..

Senior Member megaman3 is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikolina View Post
    Last month was really great: jap castles, spider, stonekeep, infinity... u could make a great touney with that mappool =))
    But now: worst rotation for ctf players ever..
    The point of having a standard rotation is that standard players play a demo version, a trial. If you want to play the full version therefore tournaments it is required to have a premium/pro account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzy View Post
    Real, true CA is a game of chess

Senior Member MajkiFajki is on a distinguished road
    Yeah, CTF is kinda controversial. But still - thanks for free game id!

Senior Member JDB_ is on a distinguished road JDB_'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pikaluva13 View Post
    They need to try to get maps that people will actually play so the gamemode doesn't entirely die down. I assume you're referring to the lack of Vortex Portal being included. The issue with this map is that oftentimes if/when it gets picked, people leave.
    Though I like that map, I was actually referring to courtyard mainly.

Quote Originally Posted by sponge View Post
    We've gone through all the CTF arenas as of the end of December. The additional CTF choice per month will go through CTF a bit quicker than the non-CTF pool.
    Funny since I don't remember a few, I guess I was more inactive in the summer than I thought.

Junior Member PsiAmp is on a distinguished road
    The worst problem of every map pool is that there's not enough players to play on premium maps most of the time. This is a huge downside and limitation for premuim users not being able to enjoy their privileges fully.

Senior Member Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam has a spectacular aura about Lam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PsiAmp View Post
    The worst problem of every map pool is that there's not enough players to play on premium maps most of the time.
    With the nice new pool, I've started a standard public server with those maps yesterday, it lived at least 6 hours. Whenever I checked, majority of players there were premium (like 6/8). They exist, there's enough of them at the busy times of day, they just prefer playing on standard publics.

(My plan is of course to invite them to #tdmpickup instead of promoting premium publics ;))

Member ANDRAS is an unknown quantity at this point ANDRAS's Avatar
    You all go on as if ctf is a popular mode but as i post this there is 2 servers i can see with people in them. Im interested in playing ctf but its dead

Junior Member J3FF is on a distinguished road J3FF's Avatar
    Go PRO you cheapos!

Member YourOlympicHer0 is on a distinguished road
    Why did Cobalt Station (CTF) quietly disappear from the game a few months back?

I think I was the only one who noticed.

+ Reply to Thread